Subject: Anyone else asking for different art style? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oliver Schwartz
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to have a two player version of this.
But why on earth did the publisher not take the chance to make the artwork more family-friendly and a little bit more pleasant/less fear inducing?
Seems one has to use cards from 6 nimmt or else again.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Larchenko
Russia
Ivanteevka
Moscow region
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with you. So I made for myself custom game re-theme:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would they make it more family friendly and less fear inducing?

I could take it either way, but your question begs that question.

I really enjoyed Face to Face. It is pretty tense.

I would welcome different artwork, especially with a name change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
f s
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Spielguy wrote:
Why would they make it more family friendly and less fear inducing?

I do not know why they would do that.

But the reasons that they should do that (only the ones that I can think of right now) are:
1) The game has nothing in it that would appeal exclusively to horror fans. I would even say that people who buy the game because of the artwork might be disappointed. There is just nothing in the game that would suggest this artwork.

2) The artwork is disturbing to quite a few people (see the comments for all versions of this game). I am also in that faction. And I have played with a 6 Nimmt deck for that reason. Finally bought the Extreme version of The Game, because of the extra symbols. But I still dislike the art very much.

3) The game is easy enough to play with (relatively) small children. I would not want my children exposed to that artwork.

4) Somwhat redundant to 2) and 3), but worth an extra entry: The artwork makes me re-consider introducing people to The Game. In many cases, I know in advance that the artwork will raise questions with most of the people potentially interested in this game. Since I do not want to answer these questions (and since I do not want to be part-responsible for the artwork, which I might be as the person introducing others to the game), I do not introduce The Game to some people that I would otherwise.

I assume that most of this is pretty self-explanatory. I really wonder why you asked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo P
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone on the forums for the vanilla "The Game" once proposed to change the theme to mountain climbing, which I think would be really fitting. But literally anything other than that horrible red-black mesh up with skulls thrown in would be better. Also, superb work there Pard! I really like those cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.