Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Hammans
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am working on a set of Campaign style rules for LOTR Dice. I am uploading this extremely alpha version to gauge interest. It is incomplete... and I change things constantly. Right now I am working towards completing all chapters first, then I will start tweaking gameplay and setup details.

Design goalS:

Add in scenes of interest for the players.

Allow multiple artifacts of the same type to be in play at once.

Build up the power of the characters in the Wilds more slowly, through player successes.

Reinforce semi-cooperative play in a MEANINGFUL way. This is done by only allowing one player to fight Gollum in Mount Doom, two players to fight Shelob before that, three players to fight at the Black Gates of Mordor, etc. The player with the lowest glory points will not advance to the next stage....

This variant is NOT a fast playing version of the game. On the contrary it is much slower and should be played over several gaming sessions. Maybe a chapter or two each.

I am including recording sheets to to track player's progress and game progression to allow players to save their games in between sessions.

So far we have playtested the first three chapters and have weeded out the worst of the tedium that was introduced originally. Things should smooth out some once I start tweaking the setups.

All current files should be uploaded soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hammans
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated files to 0.3alpha and finished the rest of the chapters. I'm afraid this is very rough. I need to work on balance, mistakes and getting rid of/changing needlessly tedious tasks.
I welcome ideas and suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.