Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Mechs vs. Minions» Forums » Rules

Subject: towing the bomb and turning rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goddammit! Quality and on time delivery are not mutually exclusive!
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize if I have missed this in any other rule threads as I did look, but my question regarding towing is in relation to turning.

When I am towing the bomb and following all other rules, 2 spaces etc..., does the bomb stay behind me when I turn?

In other words, if I tow the bomb and then turn 90 degrees to my right does the bomb effectively move diagonally to stay oriented behind me?

We finished the first scenario with me towing the bomb to where I was one sport sort of the repair pad. My next programmed move was a 180 degree turn which had the bomb whip around onto the pad -the bomb was repositioned two spaces forward to stay oriented behind me. Was this correct?

Thank you for your help.

P.S. we were a year late in getting this game to the table but man are we glad we finally played it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Towing is something that ends immediately after you tow. You spend 2 movement points, move 1 space, move the towed Mech or Bomb one space and then towing has ended. If you still have two points of movement from the same or another source, you could choose to tow again, but that will also end immediately after you move.

Thus, it's impossible to be towing while turning. The rules also mean that if you have 3 movement points to spend and you start out with towing, you still have a movement point left afterwards and thus must move away from the object you towed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goddammit! Quality and on time delivery are not mutually exclusive!
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jorgen, between towing incorrectly and drawing an extra card for memory core, I thought the first couple missions went too easy.

I am going to propose to my group that we repeat those missions. We'll see how that goes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to add that the bomb doesn't necessarily needs to be "behind" the mech in order to be towed.

So:
example 1 - if the bomb is left from the Mech and the Mech tows it moving 1 forward, the bomb is towed to the space where the Mech originally was standing (right behind the Mechs new location.)

Example 2 - if the bomb is in front of the Mech and the Mech tows it moving 1 left, the bomb is towed to the space where the Mech originally was standing (right from the Mechs new lokation.)

Hope this helps.

Have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert van Bruggen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question also
When u Tow a bomb lets say u have 4 speed u can only tow the Bomb for 2 movements reducing your speed by half, right ?

But when u puss the Bomb and let's say u have 4 speed does it then also reduce by half?
Did read somewhere that u could puss a Mech even if u have 1 movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When towing, you aren't really reducing your speed by half. What you are doing is instead of deciding to spend 1 movement point and move forward, you are deciding to spend 2 movement points to tow something else along with you as you move forward.

For example, with 4 movement points, you can choose to tow twice and move something along 2 spaces behind you. You could also choose to tow something one space, then move normally twice more. You would move three spaces, while the thing you towed only moved one. This is all down to choice; each time you move and you have at least two movement points, you can choose to tow something with you or not as you move, spending the appropriate amount of points, and then you repeat until you have completed using all the movement points.

Pushing is entirely different. You must push things when they are in front of you. Pushing does not change the number of movement points you are using.

Note also that you can tow one thing while pushing something else. Again, each time you are moving, the choice you make is whether to tow something as you move or not and that determines whether you spend one or two movement points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Des T.
Germany
flag msg tools
This user optimizes his gaming experience.
badge
This user might be a mutant in hiding.
mbmbmbmbmb
...Consider the extra movement cost an electromagnet that eats additional power to use. The pilot has to hold the lever down for as long as they use it, which is why you decide for every step.
When you push, on the other hand, all they have to do is... well... push.

Woohoo! I finally found a facsimile that beats the towrope example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.