Popular Tags: [View All]
Lester Dizon
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be a no-brainer but I didn't see this explicitly described in the rules... If a baddie can target multiple opposing units to attack, do its skills also get applied to each of those targets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daily Grind
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lstr wrote:
This might be a no-brainer but I didn't see this explicitly described in the rules... If a baddie can target multiple opposing units to attack, do its skills also get applied to each of those targets?

My understanding from page 14 is that Skills are applied for each target (as per: 'These Skills (in black) are always in effect'), but that the BP Skills which require Bones only trigger once (as per: 'These Skills can only be triggered once per turn'). So if the first target doesn't trigger it, the second target could ... but if the first does trigger it the second can't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup... basically if a Baddie with a BP skill rolls any bones and has multiple targets, the players choose which Gearloc the triggered Baddie BP affects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But doesn't the Baddie roll individually for each target? So if the first target's roll included bones, I would think you would have to apply the bones. Then if the second target's roll also included bones, then... I guess it doesn't apply? I didn't realize that - I always applied to both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pg. 15 of the rulebook: "If a triggered Skill requires a target and the Baddie has multiple targets, party may choose."

So we always have the targeted players roll the attack dice against themselves. One of them also rolls the Baddie's defense dice if he gets any. If any Bones show up on any of the dice, then we decide who he targets with his BP. The Bone activates the BP, but doesn't dictate who it targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.