John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've converted some infantry stands into light infantry/skirmishers...

'Sharpe's rifles help the remains of the South Essex hold the village until reinforcements arrive.'

I'm converting infantry stands to represent skirmishers to allow for more variety in scenario design. The goal is to make a series of scenarios based of the Bernard Cornwell books. These light infantry stands will represent rifles, vortigeurs, deserters, and Spanish guerrillas.

Current rule ideas:

Independent -
Each light infantry stand can move and attack independently of brigade command. This allows them to work behind enemy lines but they are also very fragile. These independent stands cannot rally on their own so once engaged they can become unreliable.

NCO-
These independent stands can have command units of the same type (rifles, guerrillas, etc) that allow them to rally. In the example above I have a single rifleman NCO on a command stand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good! Perry does have new rules on their site covering light infantry where you only mount one file of troops per stand.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.