Popular Tags: [View All]
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,

grabbed this game last Saturday and read the rules. It is written, that players are not allowed to look at their collected treasures before they are back in the sub.

My question is:
"Do I have to show what I got each round to the others? In other words, do I have to flip the treasure tokens at the end of the round or may I keep that information hidden from others?"

Thanks for your answers.

Dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuri Alvarez
Uruguay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes.

Quote:

Round Conclusion
At the end of a dive, perform the following clean up actions:
• Players who made it back to the Submarine turn over their
Undersea Treasure Chips and reveal their values. They
keep these Chips for scoring at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Harrod
United Kingdom
Sudbury
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that by not looking at the treasure token values until the end of the game, no one truly knows their end score going into the final round.

Therefore, if no one looks at their tokens, everyone must assume they could have picked up the lowest value treasure token of each tier, so still have everything to play for in the final round. Otherwise, if you know the scores, you could play safe (AKA boring) in the final round!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Harrod
United Kingdom
Sudbury
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least, that’s how I was taught the rules last week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yrvn wrote:

Round Conclusion
At the end of a dive, perform the following clean up actions:
• Players who made it back to the Submarine turn over their
Undersea Treasure Chips and reveal their values. They
keep these Chips for scoring at the end of the game.

Thanks Yuri, I see it now but didn't yesterday (*sigh*). It is right there in the rulebook.

Dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tarzanontoast wrote:
I think that by not looking at the treasure token values until the end of the game, no one truly knows their end score going into the final round.

Therefore, if no one looks at their tokens, everyone must assume they could have picked up the lowest value treasure token of each tier, so still have everything to play for in the final round. Otherwise, if you know the scores, you could play safe (AKA boring) in the final round!

That's why you don't show them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking along the same lines...
If I just see the value of my treasure tokens and not those of all others I can only guess their values and it will create more tension for the final round... especially when players have a similar amount of tokens of the same colors.

I guess it makes it easier for the leader to play low risk in the final round if he sees by how many points he leads.

Dark.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Liolio
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the earlier version, I thought for sure you don't reveal your points until the game's end.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.