Subject: Strategy for Early Innate +1 and stocking up on Consumables rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured out a very easy strategy to get that Innate +1 early and stock up on consumables that can be acquired from backup plans.

The Rulebook says you are not required to use your dice when rolled unless otherwise specified. Try to leave a 1 point baddie or 5 point that only rolls one attack die alive and just roll dice for bones and don't attack the baddie. you can keep doing this until fatigue kills off the baddie.

Examples of Gearlock backup plans that benefit from this type of farming for bones are:

Ghillie -Fortunate Discovery
Patches -Fortunate Discovery
Tantrum - Axe Collector
Nugget - Collect Stones

Using this method I was always able to get innate+1 early since I always focus on attack/dex during my early upgrades so I roll allot of dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
I applaud you for trying to come up with tactical stratagems for getting bones!

Sure there's too many of them but sometimes it doesn't feel that way...

That's a smart strategy you have there!

Here's a thought though, you can't roll attack unless you have a target. Now, Defense dice could be rolled at any time and on the plus side Defense is a lot easier to train than Attack is.

Your strategy is sound though and attack is always great to have for any Gearloc!

Picket would be a great Gearloc to adopt this strategy for Defense because he's like the tank of the party! Building up his defense would play into existing stratagems for him! I'm just not sure how training Defense up and up would play out ultimately with other Gearlocs. Only one way to truly find out though!

Great thinking Mike! I hope it works out for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
industrialchild wrote:

Here's a thought though, you can't roll attack unless you have a target. Now, Defense dice could be rolled at any time and on the plus side Defense is a lot easier to train than Attack is.

Your strategy is sound though and attack is always great to have for any Gearloc!

Picket would be a great Gearloc to adopt this strategy for Defense because he's like the tank of the party! Building up his defense would play into existing stratagems for him! I'm just not sure how training Defense up and up would play out ultimately with other Gearlocs. Only one way to truly find out though!

Ohh I'm aware of the Target restriction but you can still pick a target roll attack dice and not use them.

Another good pointer I should make if your playing with Ghillie and want to farm bones like this take Woven Snare early and hopefully get them down to 0 attack and you can farm until exhausted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed!

Speaking of Ghillie, I just soloed with him yesterday...What a total badass! I think he's my favorite for soloing thus far. Those animals he can summon are just wonderful!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Morales
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
industrialchild wrote:
Indeed!

Speaking of Ghillie, I just soloed with him yesterday...What a total badass! I think he's my favorite for soloing thus far. Those animals he can summon are just wonderful!

Have you tried his traps Woven Snare and Rusted Spikes are really good. I also hated playing with the animals solo since they would die so fast until I learned to move up round 1 and round 2 spawn them behind me. They need to survive that initial spawn round in order to stay alive. Especially the falcon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes indeed! I took Ghillie on an epic adventure to pursue Duster so I could have as much opportunity to train him and see what he's really capable of!

Ultimately I still lost, but that journey was incredible and I will be pursuing her again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Vogler
Austria
flag msg tools
industrialchild wrote:

Maybe i missed a thing, but why is training defense easier then attack?? At the defense-dices are two bones, at the attack dices only one?! - Therefore to roll bones on defense-dices is easier but not the defense training - in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you get bones on defense training you have a chance to reroll the die. Getting bones twice on a defence die is 1/9. Getting bones on an attack die is 1/6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Vogler
Austria
flag msg tools
nobody82b wrote:
When you get bones on defense training you have a chance to reroll the die. Getting bones twice on a defence die is 1/9. Getting bones on an attack die is 1/6.

Okay, THIS is the thing i missed! - I should work a third time through the rule book. Many thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.