Subject: Faillure at lauch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maxime Noel
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
So this situation happened to us :

A launch was made using 2 Soyouz , one fired up just fine but the other one suffered a minor failure.

Now THE question that was asked by the conerned player was : did my rocket leave the ground and if so, can I try a manual landing(using his landing tech).

I skimmedtrhough the rules and din'nt found a satisfactory answer.

Ty for your help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It depends on whether or not the single Soyuz generated enough thrust to perform the maneuver you had planned on performing. In other words, you first decide upon a maneuver (from Earth to Sub-orbital flight OR from Earth to Orbit). Then you attempt to generate thrust to perform said maneuver. There is a pretty good flow chart for this on the back of the rules if memory serves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To make it more clear: If the single Soyuz that succeeded managed to generate enough thrust to manoeuvre the space craft to its destination, then yes, otherwise no, as the manoeuvre was not successfully performed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Noel
Canada
Québec
flag msg tools
Yeah, make total sense, pretty much what we also concluded.

Ty, and sorry for the delay on that ty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.