Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Holzman
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizkids announced that they plan to release Kung-Fu Zoo early in 2018 based on this article in ICV2:
https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/38554/wild-animals-duke-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mholzma wrote:
Wizkids announced that they plan to release Kung-Fu Zoo early in 2018 based on this article in ICV2:
https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/38554/wild-animals-duke-...

Well, this makes me both happy and sad. I am glad that the game is coming out. However....

1) Waiting until Feb makes my fingers itch, but I can deal.
2) They changed the board to plastic. I figured that this would happen when it went to a bigger publisher. This kills my excitement for the game. I will probably still get it because I love dexterity games but JamSumo scratches much of the same itch and has a nice wooden board.

I thought that there were plans for more animals...the article still lists the 4....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Panik
United States
New Lothrop
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Plastic? Well I just lost interest. I was hoping to have a wood piece that could be displayed or left on a coffee table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
prophetp09 wrote:
Plastic? Well I just lost interest. I was hoping to have a wood piece that could be displayed or left on a coffee table.

Gotta agree. I guess I'll try to pick up a copy of JamSumo at next UKBGE
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still want it... A lot...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Palframan
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Diarmud wrote:

I thought that there were plans for more animals...the article still lists the 4....

Bye bye green, orange, and purple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baz Hemmons
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely delighted for the designers that they've got a big publishing deal for this... I'm sure it'll do well... we'll just have to keep fingers crossed that perhaps they somehow manage to get a "deluxe" edition out one day with a wooden board, maybe "fancy" dice and more animals/colours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaldo Horta Jr
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bazpoint wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely delighted for the designers that they've got a big publishing deal for this... I'm sure it'll do well... we'll just have to keep fingers crossed that perhaps they somehow manage to get a "deluxe" edition out one day with a wooden board, maybe "fancy" dice and more animals/colours.

Here is another question for the designer...is WizKids keeping the Lazy Susan on the bottom of the board? If not this becomes a lot harder to play....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Price
United States
Hudson
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your feedback.

While the plastic board is going to be awesome, I hear what you’re saying about the wood board. There’s nothing better than a nice-looking wood game sitting on a table. Crokinole, for instance, is probably the best example.

The good news is that WizKids is considering a premium wood version, with all the bells and whistles. It’s just that we did not want the initial release to cost $60+. Especially since it’s a game that is so well-suited for families (you don’t have to let your kids win—they’ll kick your butt fair-and-square). So stay tuned.

As an aside, if you want a great example of a completely unrealistic and cost-prohibitive wood game, check out my first attempt at a dexterity game, Clankball Legends. While I’m proud of the game, it’s completely impractical in its present form because of the high manufacturing costs. (Definitely some learning opportunities for me there! Ha!)

Anyway, your point is well-taken. I’ll keep you posted on the coffee table version.

Charlie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to see this project moving forward!

I noticed that the holes in the original design have moved much closer to the corners when compared to the new photos from the Wizkid design. Was this intentional?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Collier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like others, I was sold on the pictures of the amazing looking wooden board and am turned off completely by the plastic one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Wiser
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can tell you that there are going to be a lot of 8th graders and high schoolers very happy with this news. While sad to see this go to a plastic board I will fully agree that the cost would have alienated a lot of families. While the wood edition has a nice classic look to it one must remember this is being sold to the public and a lower price point means this game will see more tables.

As long as the change stops at going from wood to plastic I see no harm. From the sounds of it there may be a option to bring us a wood table and those of us that want the wooden version will be able to pick it up at that time. Who knows we may get our hands on the plastic table version and like it just as much.

Super fun game that people of almost any age will enjoy. A light, fun, simple, yet challenging in its own right, game that I am more than happy to see come to the table along with a lot of 8th graders and high schoolers who have been hearing about this game for over a year now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.