Star Wars: Rebellion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Destroyed planet, and trasporting troops across rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
adfasdf sdfaasdfasdf
Åland
msg tools
mb
Where do my land troops go, if planet B is destroyed, and that i just want to ferry guys from planet A to planet C??

Also, what happens when a space battle erupts there? When my space transport gets destroyed, does my ground troops die too? Due to being exploded within the ships?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There is no ground theater in destroyed systems. If, at any point, transport capacity becomes indufficient (for ground units; TIES are fine, obviously), ground units over the capacity must be destroyed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adfasdf sdfaasdfasdf
Åland
msg tools
mb
csouth154 wrote:
There is no ground theater in destroyed systems. If, at any point, transport capacity becomes indufficient (for ground units; TIES are fine, obviously), ground units over the capacity must be destroyed

Exactly that there is no ground theater in destroyed systems. What im asking is that i am transporting my guys over to planet C with a bunch of space transports. But to travel there , i have to first go to planet B.

In this case, the opposing player challenges me and wins the space battle;
(A) Since there is no ground to land on, does all my ground troops gets destroyed as there is no planet?

(B) What if there is no battle. Where does my ground troop idle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
waferjuice wrote:
csouth154 wrote:

Exactly that there is no ground theater in destroyed systems. What im asking is that i am transporting my guys over to planet C with a bunch of space transports. But to travel there , i have to first go to planet B.

In this case, the opposing player challenges me and wins the space battle;
(A) Since there is no ground to land on, does all my ground troops gets destroyed as there is no planet?

As I said, in destroyed systems, if transport capacity falls below that which is required to transport all your ground units, you (imperial player) must destroy ground units until this is no longer the case.

Quote:
(B) What if there is no battle. Where does my ground troop idle?

In their transport ships...hoping they don't blow up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In a system with no planet your ground units idle in space with the transport ships. If at any time there are not enough transport ships to accommodate all ground units you must remove ground units until there are few enough to fit on the ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adfasdf sdfaasdfasdf
Åland
msg tools
mb
ah thank you! i get it now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan Bertrand
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing for Imperial ground units when they blow up a planet: Imperial ground units first get "loaded" onto the Death Star (and other transports) then the planet blows up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.