Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to share because I think this is a cool story.
In Escape Plan, players have a plan card to escape. There, they can find 9 buildings (not counting with hideouts) where they have invested (laundering) their loot.
In the game, they need to visit those buildings to get that money back, and at the end, the player with the most recovered money wins the game, (if he manages to escape the city).

So, I want to create those cards but all with different values. Each card is divided into 9 buildings in groups of 3 each (again, not counting hideouts) including different values in different places, but at the same time, each combination had to worth the same amount of money, to keep the things interesting, balanced and fair.
I was thinking about the best way to do it and what came up to my mind was to create a Sudoku grid and solve it. This answered my problem.

Each row is a card, each column is a building, each square has a group of 3 buildings all with the same value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Spath
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice solution, thanks for sharing it! I look forward to hearing more about the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick D
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tattoo not Tatoo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Gerald Fitzsimons
Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Very interesting. So this is a tool to help you created the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Gerald Fitzsimons
Ireland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Are these correct?

Card 1: X,2,10 3,X,9 8,4,X
Card 9: X,4,8 10,X,2 3,9,x

If im wrong then the text below is wrong. If they are correct then are they not too visually balanced to seem almost identical to the human brain over multiple plays? 3 and 9 are always together and so are the other combos. Having a 5 and a 7 and other different combos might make it feel different than what it is.

Maybe only a computer would remember that their card 4 days ago was different, as it was 10,X,2 and now it's X,10,2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.