Fabrice Dubois
France
La Garenne Colombes
Hauts de Seine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Just to be sure : is the number of store limited by the number of houses (i.e, 8) ?

At the top of page 7 of the rulebook, it is written that "Note: Goods and réis ars not limited by the components....".

So i think that other player components (Officials, Rubble set markers and Houses) are limited.

It is especially important for the "Build a store" action as it is said that the Noble action can only be triggered if you can meet all prerequisites.

What about the solo variant against Lacerda ?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In four plays, I have never come close to running out of houses. Even in four player games, usually half the spaces go unbuilt by the end of the game. I haven't counted, but my guess is that there is one building tile per building space on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hytch
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same question. Lacerda needed to build a 9th store in my game today and I played that he couldn't so the action was skipped like a state action. Since the rules don't explicitly say stores are not limited I assume that they are.
32 houses (4p) available and 24 spaces so not an exact match of houses to spaces. Quite easy to reach 8 stores built in a 2p game since less competition for the spaces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can only build only 8 stores. I have built all of my stores when playing solo against Lacerda once. Most times it is 6 or 7 stores in solo. In multiplayer games, I generally am only able to build 4 or 5 stores.

Lacerda also is limited in building stores but you forfeit any chance of winning Marquis' Right Hand if he builds all of them.

You are correct, only money and goods never run out so you can always use a substitute for them. Those and there is also no limit to the amount of decrees you can have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hytch
United Kingdom
Godalming
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.