Charles Bone
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for something a little less luck-based than T&T with a "denser" map like HT...but perhaps somewhat lighter-weight than HT - that works well for two! Tall enough order?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try and track down a copy of Hansa. It's one of Michael Schacht's great games from the early 2000's. Plays best with 2, pretty good with 3, but a little too chaotic at 4. I see several copies in the BGG marketplace for cheap. Totally worth it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermagor or First Train to Nuremberg?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would say Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries and Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 2 – India & Switzerland are the ideal slightly-more-complex than Thurn and Taxis game for 2 player.

I think the Crayon Rail games like Empire Builder are good with 2 as well. Probably a bit lighter than Hansa Teutonica complexity-wise but longer in length.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isle of Trains -- though I have only played it once, and with 4 people not 2. I am also not sure if it is less luck based than T&T, but there is rather a lot more you can do with your luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith
United States
CO
flag msg tools
Council of 4 feels very similar to Thurn & Taxis. I haven't played it two player, but here's a thread where it's discussed:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1596752/2-player
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Village Idiot
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Relic Runners - severely underrated Days of Wonder route-builder
Airlines Europe - stocks meets route-building, Ticket to Ride+
Trains - deckbuilder with route-building (expansion makes it better for 2)
Railroad Revolution - probably my favorite route-building game, not nearly as heavy as it first appears
Milestones - route-building on a shared board, with personal rondels that you adjust throughout the game
Spike - great medium weight, pick-up-and-deliver route-builder
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.