Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Rixon
Australia
Rockhampton
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the later small 1st ed expansions e.g. "The Yellow Sign", or "House of Fear" appear for 2nd ed or be able to be included in the App for 2nd ed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Máté Kovács
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mb
Probably not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Denham
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Doubt it, but someone may make them in Valkyrie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alderman
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologize if this is a dumb question, but what is Valkyrie?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T France
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AirwolfWilly wrote:
I apologize if this is a dumb question, but what is Valkyrie?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1772065/homebrew-scenarios-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Alderman
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks and sounds awesome!
I had no idea this existed!

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H.
Japan
Saitama
flag msg tools
Wow, I don't want to hijack your thread but the title is exactly what I was going to make a thread about. However, my question is a little different.

I bought the 2nd edition and I'm currently playing through it now. My local store has an copy of the 1st edition Forbidden Alchemy still sitting on the shelf. I was wondering, would it would be worth it to pick it up? It comes with some new investigators and couple new monsters.
If I buy it, how much of that stuff would actually come out in the app?
For example, I've played the first scenario already. If I buy Forbidden Alchemy and replay the first scenario will some of the new monsters/rooms come out?
Since I'm new to the game I don't know how scripted each scenario is or how much of that expansion would/wouldn't be used if I bought it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Renner
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Forbidden Alchemy is implemented in the Suppressed Memories expansion. It includes all the tiles and minis that the app supports.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Zee
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrHeims wrote:
Wow, I don't want to hijack your thread but the title is exactly what I was going to make a thread about. However, my question is a little different.

I bought the 2nd edition and I'm currently playing through it now. My local store has an copy of the 1st edition Forbidden Alchemy still sitting on the shelf. I was wondering, would it would be worth it to pick it up? It comes with some new investigators and couple new monsters.
If I buy it, how much of that stuff would actually come out in the app?
For example, I've played the first scenario already. If I buy Forbidden Alchemy and replay the first scenario will some of the new monsters/rooms come out?
Since I'm new to the game I don't know how scripted each scenario is or how much of that expansion would/wouldn't be used if I bought it.

The 2nd ed Suppressed Memories expansion includes two Ist edition expansions - Forbidden Alchemy and Call of the Wild.
So, for 2nd ed, Forbidden Alchemy is not worth getting unless you can also buy the other expansion Call of the Wild as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the MoM 2nd ed app you would have to select that you have the Suppressed Memories expansion if you want to see the Forbidden Alchemy elements in the game. However, the app could potentially display tiles etc. from Call of the Wild. Best just to purchase Suppressed Memories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J S
msg tools
mb
pisqueeter wrote:
In the MoM 2nd ed app you would have to select that you have the Suppressed Memories expansion if you want to see the Forbidden Alchemy elements in the game. However, the app could potentially display tiles etc. from Call of the Wild. Best just to purchase Suppressed Memories.

You can select them in the "First Edition" components.

I am not sure if any of the Scenario's use only the Forbidden Alchemy components (or if it will unlock any scenario's) though, but they will be used randomly in some of the "Base game Scenarios".

Personally I wouldn't bother buying any MoM 1e components unless you want to play MoM 1e. (or unless you can get FA and CoTW for less than Suppressed Memories, which I doubt).

I posted this in a different thread, but its good to know:

This is a complete (as of today) list of MoM 2e components
Mansions of Madness 2nd Edition
MoM 1e OR Recurring Nightmares
Call of the wild/Forbidden Alchemy OR Suppressed Memories
Beyond the Threshold
Streets of Arkham
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.