5 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » General

Subject: Rebel variant of Temporary Alliance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Randall
China
flag msg tools
I often wondered why there was no Rebel equivalent for Temporary Alliance like the Mercenaries and Imperials have. I was thinking of possible future blister packs and came up with (what I think is) a pretty fun skirmish card. If there was a pack with Cassian Andor (and maybe K2SO?) he could either have an ability on his card or a special optional attachment. This attachment would have a name like "Reprogrammer" or "Slicer" or something and would allow Rebels (for a small cost of 1 or 2) to "reprogram" any deployment cards with the "Droid" keyword, and allow them to join the Rebel faction. The thematic idea being that if Andor could reprogram K2SO he could also, in theory, reprogram any droid to fight for the Rebels. This would allow for fun Rebel teams with IG88 and BT-1 or HK Assassins and those new Imperial droids in HOTE, or maybe 4-LOM (if he were also to be released). It would allow the Rebels to also do some mixing and matching like the Imps and Mercs can.
Alternatively, if there were an Agent Kallus figure maybe he would be able to fight for the Rebels and even take one Imperial deployment card (non-unique) with him using his traitorous influence...
Anyway, I thought they were fun ideas... they could have made Saska Teft more useful if she had had some kind of ability like the one I proposed for Cassian Andor...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Randall
China
flag msg tools
Two other fun ideas:
If the Rebels have a 'Force User' there could be an attachment which allows them to add one or maybe more 'Creature's to the team, sort of like the way Ezra tames beasts in REBELS and Obi Wan does too I think in one or two of the prequels. Imagine Luke and a Rancor on the same team!
Or, Rebels with the 'Spy' keyword could hotwire or steal Imperial vehicles with some kind of attachment. This would allow Rebel teams with AT-DPs or AT-STs like how Chewie drove the AT-ST in ROTJ.
Mix it up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas with Subtrendy
msg tools
mbmbmb
I think that the Rebels just had the best variety to choose from already,so it wasn't necessary.

At this point, any cross faction is unnecessary (and arguably broken), so as cool as it might be to make mixed teams, I really hope FFG steers away from this.

I do think that if we see Ezra in this game, though, that some sort of "Murne"-like ability to move or attack with enemy creatures could be neat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Tagge
Germany
Frankfurt
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Subtrendy Gaming wrote:
I think that the Rebels just had the best variety to choose from already,so it wasn't necessary.

At this point, any cross faction is unnecessary (and arguably broken), so as cool as it might be to make mixed teams, I really hope FFG steers away from this.

I do think that if we see Ezra in this game, though, that some sort of "Murne"-like ability to move or attack with enemy creatures could be neat.
Completely agree. I understand how cross faction was necessary when we had just the base game. However each of the factions are fleshed out enough that it is unnecessary. IMO the Jawa way of creating a "fourth faction" is alright given that we only get a limited number of points and have to focus on synergy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Randall
China
flag msg tools
Oh yeah, I had forgotten about young miss Teft. I could bring in Chewie or Han, and IG-88 with Saska... but that 6 pt cost is killer... she seems pretty lackluster. I might bring her for 3 or 4 pts but not really worth 6! Or maybe Saska could help Chewie and Bossk resolve their differences and be on the same team... I like the sort of thematic dissonance (even if they might not be that good together...) or Jedi Luke and Mr Fett working side by side...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.