Subject: Longevity of the dice ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Howard
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I played one game of this so far and enjoyed it .
I played with my 7 year old son who initially struggled with removing the dice faces but got the hang of it after a few turns .
Even when I was popping faces off the dice I noticed little nicks developing.
Anybody have any issues with wear and tear on the dice faces-after multiple plays ? Or a trick to get the faces off on a less abrasive way?

Took a little time to put it away correctly but I didn't really mind that .
Fun game , just want the pieces to hold up .
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get your problem, Ben At first I was struggling with it as well

I'm not sure how you are changing the faces atm, but the rulebook advises to use the newly picked die-face to lift the face currently on the die.

I've bought it second hand and played it a few times and haven't got any nicks yet.

Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponder Stibbons
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
I give myself very good advice, But I very seldom follow it. That explains the trouble that I'm always in.
mbmbmbmbmb
after about a dozen plays my copy's faces show no obvious wear. anecdotal evidence from someone that only plays with adults.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garner

Summerville
South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had some small wooden popsicle sticks with the ends rounded. They are about 4"-5" long and about 1/4" wide. You can get them in the craft section at Walmart. They are the thin ones like stir sticks for coffee. I cut them off from the end about 2" , sanded them a little bit. Perfect! They slide under the tile and you give it a slight twist, pops right off. The wood will not damage the tiles.
Cheap and easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Desrochers
Canada
Mirabel
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read somewhere that a test was made for lego blocks (which is similar to a Dice Forge dice) and it took 37,000+ ''clicks'' before 2 pieces couldn't be atached togheter. So, I guess, we should't be worried!

Here's the link, but it's in french.

http://fr.ubergizmo.com/2014/03/27/duree-vie-brique-lego.htm...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually after around 30 plays we had a pretty hefty nick on one of the pieces that now has a bent and is significantly raised on that corner, they are not as sturdy as lego pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C.
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I haven't even played the game yet. I did the initial configuration of the dice wrong at first, and had to redo it. Even from that, the dice face that I was using as a "lever" (as per the instruction in the rules) is now very scratched - part of the corner has crumbled off entirely. The plastic they used seems to be fragile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.