Popular Tags: [View All]
Hanwen Dong
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
It's just a hobby
mb
Rules says you "Gain 2 food per tentacle attached to this worker." when visiting the genetics vat, so is this a special situation where your tentacle worker doesn't give you one extra resource?
When visiting lab, when you detach a component does it go back to your components pool or the general supply?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Game Brewer
msg tools
publisher
marlnobor wrote:
Rules says you "Gain 2 food per tentacle attached to this worker." when visiting the genetics vat, so is this a special situation where your tentacle worker doesn't give you one extra resource?

You still get 1 extra. So, if you have 1 tentacle, you'd get 3 food. If have 2 tentacles, you'd get 5.

marlnobor wrote:

When visiting lab, when you detach a component does it go back to your components pool or the general supply?

To your components pool. Whenever you read the word "Detach", it means it goes to the owner's component pool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanwen Dong
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
It's just a hobby
mb
Thank you Kevin. Somehow I thought having two tentacles only gives you one extra component when you get a components, and no longer gives you extra coin and/or food when going to a module that generates coin and/or food. I'm glad I asked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marlnobor wrote:
Thank you Kevin. Somehow I thought having two tentacles only gives you one extra component when you get a components, and no longer gives you extra coin and/or food when going to a module that generates coin and/or food. I'm glad I asked.

A double tentacle worker is ALSO a tentacle worker!

Similarly, a double claw worker can still displace a 0-component worker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanwen Dong
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
It's just a hobby
mb
That makes sense now I think about it. Does tentacle works grab an extra coin or food when sent to worker lounge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marlnobor wrote:
That makes sense now I think about it. Does tentacle works grab an extra coin or food when sent to worker lounge?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steel Breeze
United States
Southington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the first time that I have heard that a double tentacled worker 'grabs' two of the same resource. We have played that the double tentacled worker grabs one resource (or one and one, if coin and food), and the second tentacle provides the opportunity to take a second component if a first one is collected.

If the double tentacled worker can grab two (or four) resources, does that mean the doubled brained worker can take the module points twice when placed in a given module? This seems incredibly powerful for the brain workers.

I'm willing to play either way. I just hadn't interpreted the rules this way before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SteelBreeze wrote:
This is the first time that I have heard that a double tentacled worker 'grabs' two of the same resource. We have played that the double tentacled worker grabs one resource (or one and one, if coin and food), and the second tentacle provides the opportunity to take a second component if a first one is collected.

If the double tentacled worker can grab two (or four) resources, does that mean the doubled brained worker can take the module points twice when placed in a given module? This seems incredibly powerful for the brain workers.

I'm willing to play either way. I just hadn't interpreted the rules this way before.

I think you are playing correctly. They are talking about a specific spaces that gives you food per tentacle, not taking food in general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steel Breeze
United States
Southington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it. Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Chimera Station Rules
Manual 'Genetic Components' page 6 wrote:
TENTACLES
Tentacles allow your workers to collect additional resources.
When your tentacle workers collect coins or food in an action, collect 1 additional resource of the same type at the end of that action from the general supply (so you may gain 1 food, 1 coin, or both at the end of the action).
When your double tentacle worker gains a component in a action, gain an additional component of the same type at the end of that action. If that supply is empty, score 2 points instead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Game Brewer
msg tools
publisher
SteelBreeze wrote:

As Seth has clarified, you're playing correctly. I'll explain myself in more detail for others reading.

We're talking about the Genetics Vat, which says: "Gain 2 food per tentacle".

So, if you place a single tentacle worker on Genetics Vat, the Vat will give you 2 food, and you get 1 extra because you have a tentacle component. For a total of 3.

If you place a double tentacle worker on Genetics Vat, the Vat will give you 4 food, and you get 1 extra because you have (at least one) tentacle component. For a total of 5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.