Popular Tags: [View All]
Jyothi
India
Bangalore
flag msg tools
mb
BGG: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/193042/junk-art

MM: https://www.miniaturemarket.com/pzg30020.html

Regular price $27+. Very little info about the plastic one, but I did hear that the pieces have a good heft.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia Burns

North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am super interested in this game but I want to hear more about the plastic pieces vs wooden.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jyothi
India
Bangalore
flag msg tools
mb
This is the only description I've read: https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/6wzpct/junk_art...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't speak to the plastic version of this game, I have the wooden one and love it. It's a great family game.

However I also own Flick 'em Up (wooden) and Dead of Winter Flick 'em Up (plastic). I have to say I am really impressed by the plastic version and almost think I prefer that for that game. The pieces are high quality and easier to play with than the wooden one. The plastic 'bullets' and movement piece seem heavier yet easier to flick on your fingers. It definitely has me interested in possible acquiring the plastic version of this game.

This price is fantastic. I think paid around $40 for my wooden one. I wouldn't hesitate to buy the plastic one at this price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure I would get enough plays out of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lazy Mountain

Colorado
msg tools
mb
TheGreatHamEl wrote:

The game has 12 play modes, apparently. I don't see how this could have replayability issues, if you need a dexterity game; especially given this one has strategy mentioned in a number of reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lzmountaingames wrote:
TheGreatHamEl wrote:

The game has 12 play modes, apparently. I don't see how this could have replayability issues, if you need a dexterity game; especially given this one has strategy mentioned in a number of reviews.

Seems like the replay is artificial at best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A T
msg tools
mb
TheGreatHamEl wrote:

Per entertainment dollar, even if I play once, any game is cheaper per hour than many alternatives.

At least, that's what I keep telling myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deal died early, price went up to $27.19

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheGreatHamEl wrote:
Lzmountaingames wrote:
TheGreatHamEl wrote:

Seems like the replay is artificial at best.

IMHO there is a lot of reply here. Even though the cities will be the same rules every time you will not get the same pieces to build the sculptures. It's not like you get to choose what piece you put on your art. You are either drafting, choosing for yourself and others, being given the pieces by others, etc. You'll always have to figure out how to best put the pieces you have onto your sculpture taking into account the winning rules for the city you are playing in.

I've always had a blast playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.