Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Kortekaas
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you could have a "perfect" faction box 3d printed, what would your requirements be? How big would you want it?

I have access to a 3d printer and I draft for a living so I can whip up a STL pretty quickly.

I'd love to be able to stack the 5 faction boxes, as well as a "tray" to hold all the bits and bobs (nodes, resources etc) followed by one to hold the system discs.

Also I'm wondering if designing it for the borg as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One major requirement: it can be expanded with other factions.

Borg come out this month supposedly, and then there's rumors of Tholians* and Andorians among others. So we're looking at -8- Faction boxes rather than just 5. And that's for starters.

(*the assumption is the Tholians will be their own Faction, but they could also be bundled with a collection of "lesser" races as a faction. Other games have done similar I think.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Each box would hold the console board, fleet cards, advancement deck, trade agreements, home planet, starbases, and ships & control nodes. Maybe some dice, depending. I use 5”x9” bags to store the items above for each faction currently. They wouldn’t have to be very deep, an inch maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Kortekaas
Canada
St. Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maybe a little taller

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Harris
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disgustipater wrote:
Each box would hold the console board, fleet cards, advancement deck, trade agreements, home planet, starbases, and ships & control nodes. Maybe some dice, depending. I use 5”x9” bags to store the items above for each faction currently. They wouldn’t have to be very deep, an inch maybe?

Would be nice if the box also had the faction picture on it, to quickly id it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As much as I would like them to be big enough to hold the player boards, it means making them a lot larger than needed and might run into space issues for storage. They have to fit into the core box to be all that useful (not hard to do considering the size of the box). I'm fine if they fit everything else other than the player boards.

right now, I'm using the deck boxes from the Star Trek CCG game. They work perfect for storing all of the components and even the homeworlds (just not the player boards). They also fit nicely into the base game box (without the insert).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.