Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Myladies, Gentlemen,

And welcome to the 24 hour contest September October 2017.
The basic rules-/discussion-/subscription thread can be found here.

We still have got supporters!
Standing ovations for

Nizo
msg tools
mbmb

who offered to tip 20 for the winner of a month's contest as long as there are at least 3 submissions per month.

Also

Billy Board Game
United States
Evansville
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

offered 10 for each contest from September 2017 - September 2018!

And we've got a microbadge you can buy, if you want to show the world, that you participated in the 24 hour contest:

24 Hour Contest participant

Thanks to

'Arctica' Gary
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

for creating the badge!

So, for this month 10 have been tipped! YAY!

It't the time of the year again, and the SPIEL is drawing near.

So, this month's requirement is

Toy

Remember: The requirement is just a requirement - not necessarily a theme! It's up to you, how you involve it in your game!

Happy designing and kind regards,
Kai

p.s.:

In the behaviour rules (see link to basic rules thread above) I've written:
Quote:
Please create a second posting in that thread to present your creation.

Please do present your game along with a short description in a posting. The reason I ask you to do this is simple: Creating geeklist entries becomes easier for me because from time to time copy-n-pasting from PDFs produces unexpected results (such as copying only odd symbols into the clipboard ..)
Thanks a lot

And if you'd like to spread the word of this contest, feel free to tweet about it:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting on a deduction game to be called AtoY...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clever title...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking of something where a villain would toy with the hero... Hmm... maybe an acronym.

T.O.Y

Tomorrow Or Yesterday
Tower Of Years
Trouble Over Yorvu
Tuesday On Yeverond

etc, etc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Anstey
Wales
Barry
Vale of Glamorgan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
AtoY

A word deduction game of missing letters and unreliable information for 3 to 4 players.

Each player creates a word using the letter cards dealt to them. One of the words is then selected at random. Only the player whose word was selected will know what it is. This player becomes the setter and the other players are solvers. The objective is for the solvers to guess the word and for the setter to obstruct this as far as possible. The game proceeds by players taking cards from their hands and placing them face up or face down. If one or more cards are placed face down then an additional action is taken. This can be swapping cards with another player, taking a card from a draw pile, or peeking at one of the letters in the hidden word.

Rules: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxdoGc4NM2uYMVVZdjZ2Z1VKcF...
Cards: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxdoGc4NM2uYQ2dTdnBfNG1yX1...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nash
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The OP says that it's the September contest...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Scheuer
Germany
Eppelsheim
Rheinland Pfalz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kolcun
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
This is not my i start post, just pouring out the thoughts.

I think I will participate into this month's challenge too, with a game using good old theme, toys protecting child's sleep agains nightmares.

I want to fit it in 18 cards and a game board (plus some pawns and dice), but I am affraid that I won't manage to draw the final version of the game in time. Again. Maybe sketchy artstyle will do the work, similar to Winter Tales? For cards it might work, but for game board itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Dapena
Spain
flag msg tools
Mystael wrote:
I think I will participate into this month's challenge too, with a game using good old theme, toys protecting child's sleep agains nightmares.

A bit similar to my idea. Let's see what we can come up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kolcun
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
Okay, I think that I kept the idea quite long in mind, let's try to put it on the table!

CET (12:40)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Dapena
Spain
flag msg tools
Mystael wrote:
Okay, I think that I kept the idea quite long in mind, let's try to put it on the table!

CET (12:40)

Good luck!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kolcun
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
Quick update:
Cards will look like this. I do not believe I will have more time to make them look any better. Now, the game board itself!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Harper
United Kingdom
Wantage
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mystael wrote:
Quick update:
Cards will look like this. I do not believe I will have more time to make them look any better. Now, the game board itself!

They look great! I'd love to be able to make pics that look this good as quickly as you did. And they are a great style for a PnP too. Looking forward to seeing how the whole project works out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marek Kolcun
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
Dream Defenders

Night has fallen and fears wake up. Pack of plush toys tries to defend the child's sleep against nightmares turned into dolls, monsters, ghosts and even darkness itself. Will they succeed? Will they keep them back until the sunrise?

Dream Defenders is a cooperative game where players take control over plush toys that will move through children's room and push back rising nightmares represented by cards. Number of rising nightmares raises as the night proceeds and child can hold only a certain level of stress before it wakes up in horror.

Players: 1-4
Playtime: 10-15 min.

You have seen the cards, here is also a game board.

End game looks like this. Toys have won.

Rules and PnP files are available here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B4BQyGglf_QPUllDekJS...

I know that game board manipulation is quite fiddly (read the rules and you will understand), but I designed it with higher component quality in mind. The nightmare rising mechanic is quite thematicaly effective, as the overhelming factor is present in both mechanical and visual form.

Also the time tracker thing could be placed on the board itself, just like the stress tracker. However I found the presence of two trackers aside a bit disturbing and I believe, that using the room's window as the round display makes from this tracker a nice gimmick

Last note: I finally did it in time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ollie Harries
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like the look of this, especially the time tracker, I've just downloaded it and will hopefully get a play in later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.