Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark horneff
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Have the base game and expansion and have read the new combat system is the way to go.

As first time player what should i add, if anything from the expansion to our game?

Cheers for your thoughts

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
The expansion is a self contained alternative game. You play with the expansion in it’s entirety, or the base game.

There are instructions in the expansion box that tells you what components need to be removed or exchanged to play with the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan P
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'd start with the beginner setup outlined in the base game rules so you don't have to choose where to place your starting units. If you're going to use the expansion combat system (which I do recommend), then also allow the new units to be built. Some of the new combat tactic cards require them for full effect.

I don't think it really matters which mission card set you use. The new ones (with the Vader symbol) aren't really more complicated than the base missions, just different for variety. Do include the new Imperial Project cards, though.

I would recommend playing with just the base game's objective cards (the ones with I,II, and III on the back) for the first game. Get to know those ones a little before mixing in the expansion objectives.

The beginner setup recommends you play the first game without the Action Cards, other than to recruit leaders. I'm not sure that that's necessary, but if you're going to play that way then there's no harm in including all of the new leaders. If you want to play with the regular Action Card rules, then I'd say leave out the new leaders and their cards. Some are a little more complicated than the base ones.

This is all just theory and opinion, of course. Let us know what you decide and how the first game goes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Montclair
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's an entire thread full of thoughts on this subject.

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26724806

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.