19 Posts

Tiny Epic Quest» Forums » Variants

Subject: [Expansion Set] "Quest against the Epic Boss" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: variant [+] [View All]
Exe Boris
msg tools
mbmb
Hey guys! I bring you today a whole set of variant rules and addendums called "Quest for the Epic Boss"!

It contains a Final Boss mechanic, 4 different Epic Bosses, 4 Boss Temples, 10 Spellcards, 6 extra Quests and 4 Followers.

All this extra content is bound to bring some unbalance to the game(I am not a game designer, but I've given it my best shot). So any playtest and feedback is surely welcomed, as this is a WIP for sure.

Also, forgive any typos, English is not my native language so I've put my best effort into it!

Rulebook

PnP Boss Cards:

PnP Boss Temple:

Spellcards can be found in this Spellcards Thread.

Questcards can be found in this Questcards Thread.

All this content is for personal use only and no profit shall come from it, since it was made just for fun.

I hope it can bring a whole new level of replayability to this amazing game.

Let me know how it goes and how it can be updated to improve balance!
  • [+] Dice rolls
kimchi fried rice
United States
Uptown
New York
flag msg tools
AKIMBO!
badge
반갑습니다!
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Molina
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The idea to us both maps and torches is a cool one. Wish I could try it but I’m just a solo player. Looks neat though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exe Boris
msg tools
mbmb
It's a coop mode, which means everyone wins or everyone loses. So you can set up a solo game with 3-4 adventuring groups and coordinate them all. The same goes with 2 players, each controling 2 teams. That's how I run most of my playtests for Epic Boss anyways
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Gutiérrez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This looks amazing!! Nice job!

Also, I don't know if I missed them, but I can't find the Boss cards. Also, do you happen to have the designs for the boss tokens?

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mikigg90 wrote:

Also, I don't know if I missed them, but I can't find the Boss cards. Also, do you happen to have the designs for the boss tokens?

Thanks!

They disappeared from the post for some reason, but if you click one of the photo's the Bosses are in the gallery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm loving this very much!!
Will be printing it tomorrow and "get my game on asap".
Thank you for making and sharing this awesomeness!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Gutiérrez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indianajo883 wrote:
mikigg90 wrote:

Thanks!

They disappeared from the post for some reason, but if you click one of the photo's the Bosses are in the gallery.

Great, thanks! All I'm missing then is the tokens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exe Boris
msg tools
mbmb
Hey guys, I'm glad to see you liked the Epic Boss expansion set. Unfortunately I've had to remove the Boss Cards (and will have to take them down of the gallery as well) for copyright issues.

I've jumped the gun by sharing these assets before asking permission to Gamelyn, since I've remixed their graphics and assets to create the expansion. shake Silly me. But they were kind enough to contact me and so far they seem to be ok with it being online, as long as there is no mixing of IP's. I'll be redoing the Boss Cards to comply with this condition soon. There is no saying for how long the Expansion may be online, as it is up to Gamelyn to decide if they want it down or not at some point in the future.

An Update with some rework of the Boss Cards and its mechanics is on the oven. As a quick replacement for the Boss Tokens you can always use color cubes, or random tokens from other games.

In the meanwhile, good game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exe Boris
msg tools
mbmb
I've just updated the Epic Boss Cards (new art and Final Quest mechanics). Also updated the Boss Temples & Rulebook to describe these changes (pages 3, 5-7).

As long as Gamelyn is ok with the expansion being online I'll keep updating it after some more playtest and feedback. Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Gardner
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Do you have a link to a zip file to get all your content?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heath Washburn
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Extremely impressive work!!

tzgardner wrote:
Do you have a link to a zip file to get all your content?
Good idea. Could be added to the Files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exe Boris
msg tools
mbmb
Yeah, that's actually a cool idea. I do have two separate print friendly files, one for the Rulebook and another one for the components.

The guys over Gamelyn were kind enough to allow these variants showcased here for the time being, yet as I've mention before that might change in the future. I don't really want to push it by uploading these pdf on the File section, unless I have a stronger statement from the developers that they are ok with that. If that were to be the case, I'll be posting the PnP versions down the line.

Thanks for all the cool comments. Let me know how if you get to try the expansion and how these Bosses change your gameplay experience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco van Barneveld
Netherlands
EDE GLD
Gelderland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solved with flair, dignity and respect to both sides!!
Cuddo's to Gamelyn and you both, Radagahst.thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Rush
United States
bellingham
flag msg tools
mb
Marco van Barneveld wrote:
Solved with flair, dignity and respect to both sides!!
Cuddo's to Gamelyn and you both, Radagahst.thumbsup

This. And thanks for all the work from all ya'll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wow. Just wow. This is amazing! I would buy this expansion for $25! @Gamelyn hire this guy <,<
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exe Boris
msg tools
mbmb
Haha, thanks man! I hope you enjoy the expansion. Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I love your work man. It would definitely bring the experience closer to a Zelda game laugh

With this coop expansion, what is the average duration of a game?
Have you played more playthrough since then? Do you believe that your work is balanced at the moment?

Last question : is a coop mechanic really suited for Tiny Epic Quest, a game made for Free for all first?

Cheers! meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Roesch
United States
Hutto
Texas
flag msg tools
Firstly I want to say thank you for this. The artwork and thought that went into this is awesome. My wife and I played our first game with just 2 players controlling just 1 color as normal.

We made some choices that we thought were best. But had some questions/observations.

Question 1:

We had the dungeon keeper as the final boss and because of that we had some itemeeples on various temples. Do we still conduct a 5th night to complete those temples or do we just skip everything on the island for the night and just worry about the boss dungeon/temple?

Question 2:

When fighting the boss do you gain power during the fight? We did as we did not. My wife ended with 4 life and 0 power. I ended with 2 power and 7 life.

Question 3:

Do red goblin damage dice still hurt us or are they now moot since we are fighting the boss.

Question 4:

So the dungeon keeper requires you to roll 2 maps to hurt him. If you roll only 1 map can you spend 2 power to conjure the second map needed to damage him? This is what we did in our first game.

Observation on the dungeon keeper boss. For his first game altering ability of dealing 2 damage to you when you enter a temple. Seems really harsh. Especially the first 2 days. When you might have only 6 max health and then you drop down two four. It feels like to me I would rather have 2 power go away or just one damage dealt instead of 2.

Also what we did for the dungeon keeper to make it more compatible for 2 players was to only have 2 shields, 7 quests required instead of 9, and 3 itemeeples on temples instead of 6.

Anyways I know you said your not a game designer but you definitely got something awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.