Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maricel Edwards
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to check on the website because I had it on my notes that it would be available in October, but now the site has it shipping in November. Was I mistaken the first time? Or has this game really been delayed by a month? I'm not that impatient; just ordered Paperback along with Hardback in June and had a hankering to play a word game the other day...cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably weren't mistaken, the Kickstarter had an October 2017 delivery date. On September 7th there was a video posted of them unboxing the sample from the factory, it mentioned a few tweaks and a "Go" for printing and hopefully (if all goes well) they'd get it to us in November.

That's the last the Kickstarter backers have heard about it. If it's only a month late, and delivered this year, I'll be happy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maricel Edwards
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Murr wrote:
September 7th there was a video posted of them unboxing the sample from the factory, it mentioned a few tweaks and a "Go" for printing and hopefully (if all goes well) they'd get it to us in November.

That's the last the Kickstarter backers have heard about it.

Ah, thanks muchly. But I wasn't a backer; I was a preorder. Does this mean I'll get mine even later?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That I can't answer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Burns
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shouldn't they ship you Paperback since they have that in stock?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maricel Edwards
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RMB1013 wrote:
Shouldn't they ship you Paperback since they have that in stock?

I thought so too, but the website says anything else that accompanied the Hardback pre-order would be shipped when it shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Typically any time you include other items in an order with a preorder item, the vendor will hold it until the preordered item comes in so that shipping is only paid once. And the preorders can't fulfill until the game is received from the factory (and shouldn't fulfill until backer shipments have gone out from the Kickstarter, in general).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gough
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preordered my copy today, and the website still lists October 2017 for shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Pages
United Kingdom
Oxford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We all know that kickstarter can ship later than the expected date. A month off, is nothing to be concerned about.

Tim Fowers is a veteran kickstarter, so I am not at all worried.

I am sure we all have plenty of other games we can play whilst we wait for Hardback
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Grubert
United States
San Diego
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For those keeping track the estimated delivery is now January. For a "veteran kickstarter" this campaign has been rather disappointing.
Slow status updates are not great, but announcing a new kickstarter project while the current one is slipping 3 months is just poor etiquette.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
darksurtur
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cross_ wrote:
For those keeping track the estimated delivery is now January. For a "veteran kickstarter" this campaign has been rather disappointing.
Slow status updates are not great, but announcing a new kickstarter project while the current one is slipping 3 months is just poor etiquette.

Well then be glad you've never backed from Petersen Games, Tasty Minstrel, Awaken Realms, or pretty much most multiple-project creators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mouldy Banana
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cross_ wrote:
but announcing a new kickstarter project while the current one is slipping 3 months is just poor etiquette.
It depends on what stage the current projects are at. If all the design is done and everything is down to the manufacturer then it doesn't make sense for the creator to sit idle for months waiting for the factory and shipping before starting a new project.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Schade
United States
West Deptford
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up my copy at Pax Unplugged this weekend. Maybe they're coming soon?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Se Ven
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m in the UK, my copy arrived 2 days ago, the final day of post before Christmas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Dijkstra
Netherlands
Ammerstol
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Se314en wrote:
I’m in the UK, my copy arrived 2 days ago, the final day of post before Christmas

Did you get any conformation up front that the game was send?
I haven’t received any news yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Burns
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a Kickstarter backer for that game, and I haven't received mine yet.
Last I heard delivery was delayed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Reid
msg tools
I am also a Kickstarter backer. I received a shipping notification from Ship Naked today. I'll update when I actually receive the package. This absurd icy weather may delay it more than normal, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bach
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a Kickstarter backer and have yet to receive any notifications. This is disappointing based on the number of gamers that have received copies (443 if you believe BGG entry) and the "few" games sold at Pax. I wouldn't blame the weather as I have received 2 Kickerstarter games in December/January with later release dates than this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
iansbach wrote:
This is disappointing based on the number of gamers that have received copies (443 if you believe BGG entry) and the "few" games sold at Pax.
A lot a people put games in their owned category as soon as they pledge for a Kickstarter. I don't believe anyone from the Kickstarter has received their games yet. (I generally agree games shouldn't be sold at conventions before their Kickstarter delivers, though.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Reid
msg tools
I am not blaming the shipping date on weather. I am saying that the length of time from "on a truck" to "on my doorstep" may be longer because of the unusual weather. I live in the deep South. We have ice. It is very strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron H
United States
Newark
DE
flag msg tools
Broth runs deep through our veins.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered from the website and received mine today. Looks like Kickstarter backers have started receiving their copies as well, according to the comments on the campaign page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Bancroft
United States
Elk Grove
California
flag msg tools
badge
Durp
mbmbmbmbmb
I order from the website after the kickstarter and received mine today in California.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad R
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered off the website. Got it today in NC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kickstarted. No package. No shipping notice. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maricel Edwards
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping label was created and email notification received yesterday. Fingers are crossed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.