Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
OzLefty
Australia
Blackburn
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've bought all the expansions on iOS, but have now switched to Android.

For contrast I might note how Star Realms does it. The app is free on iOS/Android/Star Realms, but you need to buy the add-ons to play online and then to unlock expansion cards. But once you buy them on one system, you've bought them on all. This makes me feel well-treated and happy as a customer and as a result I've bought every expansion they've released.

Since RFTG charges its full price upfront on the iOS/Android store, I'm sure it'll be necessary to buy it again, which I'm just willing to do... but I'd be really unhappy to discover that I have to re-buy the expansion content. That really should be linked to my account and available to restore on whatever platform I've bought the main game.

Is it? This determines to an extent (a) whether I'll re-buy the app on Android, and (b) whether I'd buy more of the expansions on either platform.

Please let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OzLefty
Australia
Blackburn
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also while I'm here - I've noticed that on iOS games started on my old iPhone don't carry over to my iPad and vice versa. Can you explain please why this is? You'd think that once logged in to my RFTG account each client would be able to continue the games on the other device?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garth M wrote:
on iOS games started on my old iPhone don't carry over to my iPad and vice versa.

Have you used Device Link (in Play Online)? You should be able to continue games on any device with the same account.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
OzLefty
Australia
Blackburn
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't an answer to this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Garth M wrote:
There isn't an answer to this?

I'm pretty sure you have to rebuy everything on every platform, i just don't know it for a fact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.