Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished the Offering to the Guardians...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
...and I skipped past the last 3 Guardian cards when I saw what reaching the end would entail. Did anyone honestly grind to get the 60 experience points required to win? How long did that take?

Even in my 15+ hour win on Voracious Goddess, I don't think I ever earned more than 20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have. I coupled this curse with the Black Chest.

It didn't take that long because I sacrificed a lot of food to the idol beneath the cliff that goes from pined forest to the jungle, which nets you 3 XP/food.
It still took a while because I focused on levelling up rather than wasting XP to the Guardians.
When you know where to get XP fast though it's not that long. Remember, Knowledge is Power, and Gold Hunts are helpful in that particular case.

I'm playing the Curse again as part of my actual challenge but haven't taken care of it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ren
Italy
Pavia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also have, playing together with Dark Chest and Bloody Hunt. On its own, it's a drag.

It helps if you pick characters that let you farm XP quickly, like Keelan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrik Severinsson
Sweden
Sundbyberg
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
...microbrewed beer.
badge
...more hops, better die rolls.
mbmbmbmbmb
We skipped the last card that requires you to get 20xp (if I recall correctly). We were pretty bored of the curse by then. We understood what to do when we drew the last card and just confirmed by checking the end location. I guess we could have died on our way there, but we just wanted to be done with it. In total I think we spent about 15 hours on the curse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've already dubbed this Curse The Grind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sendy
msg tools
So who here is going to admit to
jumping off at the wrong point?? As in once you have gotten the feather curse card...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belverker wrote:
jumping off at the wrong point?? As in once you have gotten the feather curse card...

I haven't but intended to, only I was very willing to end the game. Are you telling me I shouldn't?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sendy
msg tools
Razoupaf wrote:
belverker wrote:

I haven't but intended to, only I was very willing to end the game. Are you telling me I shouldn't?

Well that depends...do you want to collect 60 exp to just
get "Your adventure ends here"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belverker wrote:
Well that depends...do you want to collect 60 exp to just
get "Your adventure ends here"

It's not just 60 XP, it's all 7 curses. Well. I'm glad you told me.
That's a rather cheap and disappoiting ending, too. But I found the clue to be extremely clear as to where you had to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sendy
msg tools
It certainly was...i wasn't really paying attention to the clue as i was totally done with the curse at that point so went to the closest one...the cheated when i got that card...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
belverker wrote:

I did... not going to retry that curse until
I stumble upon the right end point doing other curses
. I too was pretty underwhelmed by that curse and thought the end spot seemed fishy.. but oh well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zjhomrighaus wrote:
belverker wrote:

I did... not going to retry that curse until
I stumble upon the right end point doing other curses
. I too was pretty underwhelmed by that curse and thought the end spot seemed fishy.. but oh well.

You'll find the right spot if you play
The Bloody Hunt
!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Sendy
msg tools
This was by far my least favourite of the curses...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:

Even in my 15+ hour win on Voracious Goddess, I don't think I ever earned more than 20.

Funny because I spent 21 with something like 5 to spare in my first 3 hours on my current curse. I left the first area with 13 XP already.
Granted I'm playing with the Bloody Hunt but still...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyp Ganner
Belgium
flag msg tools
My group and I decided we wanted to never pray twice at the same idol. As we only played VG before, it took us a lot of backtracking to find everything. Clearly, the XP has never been a problem for us during this curse.

It took us between 14 and 15 hours total and it was immensely satisfying. It felt as if it was the way it was intended to be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just finished this curse today, and yes we did get all the XP needed, and yes it did feel like a long drag. I think I'd have rather there was only one that required 15XP.

We did cheat once, though, quite near the end when we drew a couple of cards from the discard pile (the first and only time on the game) and turned up a curse (having already used our 777). I just couldn't imagine wanting to start again, so we ignored it that once.

I liked the last part of following the clue in order to decide where to jump, and it was quite fun to just wander the continent, but just went on too long doing the same sort of things. I think if it had been necessary to visit different idols it would have been more fun, but as it was I think we only ever visited 2 of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.