Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I just got the game a few days ago. I read (most of) the necesary rules and am setting up for scenario 1. However something confuses me:

13.1 "A single Stack of Ships can contain up to six BB and up to six CV units, ...".

As far as I can tell this rule is independent of whether you are at see (within a certain range of a port) or in port.

But when setting up I am instructed to setup 7 BB in hex A-2908 (Hamburg I guess).

I wonder, is there some rule somewhere allowing more stacking in certain hexes? The hex in question is a shipyard and has 2 factories, but that does not seem to change anything.

While we are at it, why is the hex in question not a port? In fact, it seems there is no port at all on in German "mainland" (not counting A-3010). I wonder if a shipyard counts as a port, but I can not find any information about that in the rulebooks.

So to sum up:

A: How can Scenario 1 start with a 7BB stack when ony 6 is allowed?

B: Is a shipyard a port?

C: In case of (B) being no, is it intended the "main" Germany has no port?

and while we are at it:
D: When placing a newly build ship do I have to follow the 6BB/6CV stacking limit? I would think so but (A) makes me wonder.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A) it's a setup exception like the Pearl Harbor stack. IMO, the German player should make that stack legal by the end of the first turn and cannot overstack at a future point.

B) Yes, as are basically any other printed city-type symbols, including Strategic Bases (see the errata).

C) N/A

D) Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks. I wonder about this:

lomn wrote:
B) Yes, as are basically any other printed city-type symbols, including Strategic Bases (see the errata).

As far as I can tell the Strategic Bases are mentioned in the errata but the shipyards are not.
May I ask from where you have the Shipyard information?

Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rochelle
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My mistake: shipyards are not (see the GB shipyard on the North Sea that also has a port symbol), but the factories are, as is the canal (2.4.9.1) That German hex is a port.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lomn wrote:
My mistake: shipyards are not (see the GB shipyard on the North Sea that also has a port symbol), but the factories are, as is the canal (2.4.9.1) That German hex is a port.

Yes, a Factory is a City, which in turn makes it a port. I did not catch that.

And also the Canal of course. Thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.