andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Hi all -3 quick questions:

1. A Nexus on Doom side makes us take body damage at 'start' is that BEFORE anything happens (i.e. I can't flip Nexus first??)

2. Can I keep investigating as long as I have omens to use or is it one per saint's turn?

3. I just won my first game - I've re assembled the saint's cards from what I had left - what do I do with the Omens - do I keep what I have or do I get re-allocated new ones at random at start of next game??

Thankyou in advance.

Great game - awful, awful rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Campbell
United States
Santa Clarita
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
buschenfeld wrote:
Hi all -3 quick questions:

1. A Nexus on Doom side makes us take body damage at 'start' is that BEFORE anything happens (i.e. I can't flip Nexus first??)

2. Can I keep investigating as long as I have omens to use or is it one per saint's turn?

3. I just won my first game - I've re assembled the saint's cards from what I had left - what do I do with the Omens - do I keep what I have or do I get re-allocated new ones at random at start of next game??

Thankyou in advance.

Great game - awful, awful rulebook.

Start typically happens before you can do anything to flip the nexus. Start is the step where you draw an omen card.

You can repeat the assist (think that's what it's called) and investigate steps as many times as you want, though to investigate you usually have to banish an omen.

All omens are returned to the box after a game, and you add new random omens to the saint's deck during setup of the next mission.

I agree, the rulebook could have been better in a lot of places, but the game itself is a lot of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy bush

London
London
msg tools
mb
Great stuff thanks for help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kittenhoarder wrote:
..., though to investigate you usually have to banish an omen.

Agree with everything, but one small note: I assume that "banish" here means "sacrifice"?

Omen cards are returned to the box after being used. In Apocrypha terms, I'm not sure what banish is - maybe that is a Pathfinder ACG term?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another Cansplaining nitpick (since I'm from up north whistle) :

The steps that you can repeat early in your turn are Support and Investigation. An Assist step happens during a Check, when one saint makes a risky offer to help another saint or themselves by enabling a reroll (p. 18).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Aceto
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, banish is a Pathfinder ACG term.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only being so pedantic because learning the right terminology was a HUGE part of learning this game for me.

It took me far longer than I'd like to admit with the glossary open before things started to come together... and I still mess things up often enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bagley
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a question about the omens vs. gifts. The rule book seems to mention them as if they are different in a few places "gifts, omens, and threats", but the definition of a gift in the glossary is "any card that may be added to a Saint's deck." Well, an omen certainly can be added to that deck, so... That doesn't make sense.

As far as keeping cards between plays, where does it say you have to get rid of your omens at the end of a mission? Especially if it's also considered a gift?

Similarly, the start of a mission says that if you have a deck all prepared, just pull it out, otherwise set up a new Saint... But from what people said in this forum, everyone will always need to set up their deck with missing cards... Weird phrasology.

Anyway, clarification on where it says to return omens would be great. If not explicit, someone who can convince me that an omen can't count as a gift would be very helpful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bagley
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ah, finally found the random omen drawing clause on page 8. Still, the use of gift as anything that can be in a Saint's deck is very confusing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.