Arkham Chronicle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In anticipation of a dozen threads like these we have gone ahead and answered this pre-emptively.

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/b3/b7...

And if you want to see why, we have made a video to try and explain why it’s missing and what you can do to get a printed one.

https://youtu.be/YysXkPMTT_0

If anyone has any requests for topics you would like us to cover just ask. We make videos to help those new to the world of Legend of the Five Rings or to the genre of Customisable Card Games.

The Imperial Chronicle Gang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Hey where’s my Rules Reference Guide? It’s not in the box!
May I suggest putting quotation marks around your title to at least provide some sense that it is tongue in cheek? This comes off as using BGG as a marketing gimmick for yourselves, and it's off-putting, at least to some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
May I suggest putting quotation marks around your title to at least provide some sense that it is tongue in cheek? This comes off as using BGG as a marketing gimmick for yourselves, and it's off-putting, at least to some.

I think it’s fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The argument for being able to update the rulebook online doesn't hold up. While certainly almost all players have access to the internet, it should then be published in a manner that is easily readable and searchable across devices, which is certainly not the case with PDF.

To me as a player it is a huge inconvenience, as I like a physical rulebook, simply because it is easier to read.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arkham Chronicle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:

We are always happy to hear the wisdom of others as that is how we learn.

We have put the title in quotes.

Thank you.

The Imperial Chronicle Gang
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll say that if you were going to leave out a 25 page reference document you really needed to do a better job on the learn to play guide. When we broke open our core, looking to sate our curisoity if this L5R reboot was for us, having to stop play at several points and dig around the online document on our phones for basic answers (when can you play attachments outside of a conflict?) was a really bad play experience. That's not the kind of thing that grows your audience. The art and theme are as always gorgeous, but pretty food that leaves a bad taste in your mouth doesn't get ordered a second time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
takai wrote:
published in a manner that is easily readable and searchable across devices, which is certainly not the case with PDF.

I know of no better way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
takai wrote:
published in a manner that is easily readable and searchable across devices, which is certainly not the case with PDF.

I know of no better way.

I do: https://fiveringsdb.com/rules/reference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, ok, that works too :). But I have 0 problem with PDF, too. It's readable and is searchable. And it can even have hyperlinks...

...wait, I do have a problem with their PDF, actually. Where's the bloody index?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Takai
Switzerland
Thun
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alsciende wrote:

Excellent - thanks. Bookmarked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.