Vytautas V
Lithuania
flag msg tools
mb
Could you please let me know if you have played Robinson Crusoe: Adventures on the Cursed Island – Voyage of the Beagle (Vol. 1)
with young kids. 8 years or less.

Or Age: 8+ rating on BGG is just a mistake? The difference between original version Age: 14+ and expansion is SO large.

If it is playable then it is the highest ranked game for kids with average rating of 8.4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stuible
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't play it with 8 years kids beaucse it a really hard game to win or sometimes you don't see any chances to win at all and you must start the campanige all over again. You need a lot of patience, good luck and good strategically ideas to win this.
There are better coop games for 8 year old kids in my opinon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Recommendations to Robinson Crusoe. Voyage of the Beagle (Vol. 1): General.

The difference between the official age ratings does appear to be a contradiction.

The user age ratings are voted on by the community and tend not to have a significant number of votes so can be significantly swayed by outliers.

All young people are different; different skill sets allow individuals to game at different levels.

IMO, age ratings on cooperatives tend to open to lower ratings because the level of social support can create an easier foundation for younger gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.