5 Posts

The Gallerist» Forums » General

Subject: Custom/blank art tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Riley
msg tools
mb
I bought the extra tiles set for this a while back, but having a huge backlog of games, haven't gotten around to playing it. Part of the reason I got the set before even touching this were the blank art tiles. Does anyone have any good ways to put custom art on the pieces? I didn't know if there was a good tried and true method out there. Most of my expertise has to do with waterslide decals for thinness, but figured that wouldn't be so hot on cardboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kursplat Kury
msg tools
I actually just added custom art to my tiles a couple of weeks ago.

I think that the best way to do this is with some sort of vector graphics software(like illustrator). You can scale your image to the correct size and then using the 3D rotation tool you can project it 'iso left' and that will make it fit on the other side of the tile correctly.

Once you make the images you can go to a copy center and then print it out on sticker paper. Cut them out and then apply.

I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Riley
msg tools
mb
I have photoshop, so getting/altering an image won't be too difficult. Really just wanted to know the best way to make it seamless. I figured sticker/label paper would be too thick. I know waterslide decals are about as thin as you can get, but there's that water on cardboard issue I mentioned. Might just have to live with the label paper, I just didn't know if somebody on here had found a more elegant solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For me getting my hands on decent printable stickerpaper would be the problem. We have a printer at my work, but saying I am at home using it would be a gross exaggeration.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a template floating around the forums somewhere... where'd that go?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.