Subject: Baddie movement question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick question about baddie movement and targeting.

The Bog Frog in the top right is up. Picket is closest at 4 spaces, but all adjacent spaces next to him are full.

Will it now target Boomer and move towards her, or will it stay put and not move at all?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raul
Romania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understood it will move even if it cannot reach the target. But let's wait for some confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Martin
United States
East Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Never enough of these to go around...
badge
Never cut a deal with this guy...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Ryan. In this example, the Bog Frog will not move as there are no adjacent positions available in which to reach a Gearloc with it's melee attack.

There are a few enemies that can move diagonally in the game, but the Bog Frog is not one of them. So it will just stay put until the situation on the map changes.

In fact orchestrating situations like this is a good tactical play to help ensure your Gearlocs can handle all the Baddies.

Good luck with your adventure!

EDIT: I could see now how this short explanation to you could be misinterpreted so I would like to elaborate more on this. Let's pretend that the Stone Golem on the map didn't exist. In this case the Bog Frog would start moving towards the closet unit (via the shortest route with the least amount of obstacles in the path) , even though it can't attack them yet.

If the Stone Golem wasn't there, the Goblin Sapper would still be blocking the path to Picket preventing the Bog Frog from Poisoning him. Therefore, The Bog Frog would start it's journey towards Boomer. In this case she is 4 spaces away regardless of how you move towards Boomer, so it would be up to you on whether the Bog Frog would go down and then left or down then down.

Hope this makes sense!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
no law on ceres.... just cops.
badge
i keep warning you. doors and corners, kid. that's where they get you.
mbmbmbmbmb
rault wrote:
As far as I understood it will move even if it cannot reach the target. But let's wait for some confirmation.

It says in the rulebook (under Baddie movement, I believe) that baddies do not move if there is not an available adjacent space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lindy
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ackk! I've been completely forgetting to check for diagonal baddie movement in these cases! I may have unintentionally "blocked" a baddie that wasn't really blocked! Oh well! Move along! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.