Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When "paying" to produce, you can use the market cards and cards from your hand. You do not take the cards from the market. Instead, they remain out there, which means each item can actually be used by multiple players. Correct?

2) When you run your chain, you have to use produced goods and cards from your hand. You cannot use cards from the market for your chain. Each time you run the chain you produce ONE good PER card/good used to run it. Correct?

This game is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Correct. Whatever is in the market is shared and you can augment any deficiency with cards from your hand by discarding.

2) Correct. You generate whatever the building produces and you can add more inputs from your hand or what is sitting on top of another building.

Everytime you produce, you generate as many goods as the worker placed there, either your normal worker (two goods if placed face up, one good if producing "sloppily"). You take those 1-2 goods from the face down stack, then you can take additional cards from your hand or from another building to add to that building's production, assuming the goods you are adding are the inputs to the chain.

For example, if the building you produced on needed wheat and coal as inputs, you could take coal from your charburner and add wheat from your hand to increase that building's production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
1) Correct. Whatever is in the market is shared and you can augment any deficiency with cards from your hand by discarding.

2) Correct. You generate whatever the building produces and you can add more inputs from your hand or what is sitting on top of another building.

Everytime you produce, you generate as many goods as the worker placed there, either your normal worker (two goods if placed face up, one good if producing "sloppily"). You take those 1-2 goods from the face down stack, then you can take additional cards from your hand or from another building to add to that building's production, assuming the goods you are adding are the inputs to the chain.

For example, if the building you produced on needed wheat and coal as inputs, you could take coal from your charburner and add wheat from your hand to increase that building's production.

Uh oh. We were playing that you could also use market cards to produce beyond the first production. Is.that wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JustinRRizzo wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:

Uh oh. We were playing that you could also use market cards to produce beyond the first production. Is.that wrong?

The production chain does not use the market.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ericamick2 wrote:
JustinRRizzo wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:

The production chain does not use the market.

Correct. Production chain resources only come from building goods and cards from hand. The market resources are only used for initial production.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did I say that you use market cards for production? All I said is that when the building first produces (by placing your worker or assistant there), the one or two cards you draw come from the face down draw pile.

I'm sorry if my example wasn't clear. After first producing, you have to draw resources from one of your buildings or from your hand to continue production on that building.

EDIT: I see that my example was clear. You were just adding resources in the market to increase your production capabilities erroneously. I understand now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Rizzo
United States
Hershey
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
EDIT: I see that my example was clear. You were just adding resources in the market to increase your production capabilities erroneously. I understand now.

Yup. Your explanation was clear. It allowed me to see I was playing wrong. I was erroneously using resources in the market during the production chain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Long
United States
New London
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:

What may be a stupid question:

Do those other goods have to be produced this round?

I am assuming not, but am not completely sure.

For example, Ziegelei, Brick Manufacture

Production: 3 rock and 1 clay to produce brick.
Chain: 1 clay and 1 charcoal to produce a brick.

I assume if I have
My one worker on the brick manufacture
AND the cards allow for efficient production (3+1, for 2 bricks)

AND I had (for example)
three face-down cards on my charburner,
AND two clay in my hand,

I could pay the two clay from my hand and two charcoal from the three face-down cards on the charburner

to trigger the Brick Manufacture chain twice.

Is that correct?

The resources in the cog icon for chain side, are paid with cards that are already on the other production cards. Yes?

TIA,
Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimmund wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:

What may be a stupid question:

Do those other goods have to be produced this round?

I am assuming not, but am not completely sure.

For example, Ziegelei, Brick Manufacture

Production: 3 rock and 1 clay to produce brick.
Chain: 1 clay and 1 charcoal to produce a brick.

I assume if I have
My one worker on the brick manufacture
AND the cards allow for efficient production (3+1, for 2 bricks)

AND I had (for example)
three face-down cards on my charburner,
AND two clay in my hand,

I could pay the two clay from my hand and two charcoal from the three face-down cards on the charburner

to trigger the Brick Manufacture chain twice.

Is that correct?

The resources in the cog icon for chain side, are paid with cards that are already on the other production cards. Yes?

TIA,
Dan

It doesn't matter when the goods used for the production chain are produced. The only restriction is that you can't use goods from the market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.