Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Keane
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmb
Has anyone tried making cards that have track sections, like straight, small zig, large zig, shallow or sharp turn, hairpin turns, etc., and then making randomized/semi-randomized tracks from the cards. I was thinking as long as each track section is the same track width on the 2 card edges, and the track hits the edges relatively square, it should work pretty well. If someone's already done this, I don't want to reinvent the wheel.

You could even then play a point to point race where you don't lay out the whole track at the start, but instead create a deck (maybe half straights/half turns or whatever), shuffle, and then reveal track sections as you go. Maybe you reveal more at a time on a straight but on corners you wait to reveal the next card until the leader reaches the start of the corner. I thought this might provide a nice catch-up mechanic as the leader(s) don't know exactly what's around the corner or how long the straight is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Hoyt
United States
East Liverpool
Ohio
flag msg tools
ボルトン
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its basically a giant grid of squares. So as long as each piece conformed to a standard (like track always center of whatever edge it enters/exits) it would be easy & fun to come up with some cool track layouts.

I like the idea of point to point racing. Sort of Rally like.

~Will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.