Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wiktor Szafranowicz
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've some questions! I've read the other posts, but I'd like to confirm a few things.

1. Cersei Lannister - can I use her ability multiple times in a fight? For exemple can I use leverage on all other players making a fight 4v1?

2. If a player loses all characters and the game ends, can that player win (if he has most infulence spread)?

3. Timing question. If more players want to play a card in the same moment do we:
a) play and immediately resolve cards in clockwise order
or
b) play cards in clockwise order, then resolve it (if a card is not valid anymore it's discarded)?

4. Negotiations can happen at any time, but pieces can change hands only during truce outcome and hostages can be released only at the beginning of a turn, right?

5. Action cards (like Olenna's) affect only characters that participate in fight, right? The wording isn't that clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Provided all cards are playable at the same time, clockwise starting with the challenger is how I would play it, with cards that lose their usefulness because of prior card play being discarded. So b).

4. Right for power (pieces), but wrong for hostages in that they can be exchanged during a truce, though that does not technically count as a release. An actual release (at the beginning of a turn) can only be a side deal to a truce deal as a truce deal requires an immediate exchange of up to one influence, three powers and/or two hostages.

5. Yes, although a leader's character card can also be played even though technically he or she is not directly participating.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ravage Board Gaming
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree with (3). Cards should be played in order of when people announce they want to play a card.

There are many cases where you would only want to play a card to either counter or compound the effect of another. Playing them in clockwise order prevents players from doing this if they are earlier in the order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiktor Szafranowicz
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Renaud Verlaque wrote:

5. Yes, although a leader's character card can also be played even though technically he or she is not directly participating.

TY for answering the questions! Regarding 5 I meant applying the card effects. Her ability card says "Spite - After the encounter phase, if your side lost:Remove 2 power from each non-Tyrell character on both sides.". It affects only PARTICIPATING characters, yes?

Stomski wrote:
I disagree with (3). Cards should be played in order of when people announce they want to play a card.

There are many cases where you would only want to play a card to either counter or compound the effect of another. Playing them in clockwise order prevents players from doing this if they are earlier in the order.

That would complicate things... I like timing in my games to be clear. In described case everyone would wait till the last moment and the person playing his/her card first would be in a worse position. I guess I will contact FFG on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, a lot of times you need to re-evaluate if someone wants to use an ability after each other player makes a decision about if they want to do something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renaud Verlaque
United States
Shelter Island Heights
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
An official FFG answer would be nice. Hopefully, it is not that the fastest to speak up gets to go first. I do think that going in clock-wise order makes sense. Whether cards that are made useless by prior play should still be discarded or not is a good question. I lean towards yes, but can see an argument for no...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
Clockwise order, maybe more than once is how I do it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.