Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all -

In case you missed the announcement on Facebook - just putting the word out that the base game will be $68 on Kickstarter on October 17th. MSRP is $85, which is what it will be (and is already listed as) on our website after the campaign for preorder.

We hope to see you all on the 17th!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to the Kickstarter! Nice price point!

Hoping for a bundle option all of Too Many Bones!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Urbanek
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
The Dice & Mystics Board Game Guild say: Have fun!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the chosen fulfilment company I am reluctant to do so. But I wish you luck for your new campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mellekai wrote:
With the chosen fulfilment company I am reluctant to do so. But I wish you luck for your new campaign.

Alexander - while we make no promises (pros and cons with every fulfillment company), no decisions have been made regarding EU fulfillment of Undertow. We're watching the Triplock and TMB 2nd Print delivery very closely.

Last time we saw major issues with delivery of a project (TMB 1st Print in the US) we made drastic changes, and brought US delivery in house here at CTG.

Again, there's lots of factors at play, and we don't know where things will be next spring/summer when Undertow is delivering, but know that our previous campaign with Gamesquest was not quite as...challenging...as this one. We're watching closely and will react accordingly.

Thanks for your consideration!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Urbanek
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Josh: Thank you for your statement.
And again good luck for the upcoming KS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavin Robinson
United Kingdom
SLOUGH
ENGLAND
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm honest I think that GamesQuest have taken too many projects on. They seem to be the go-to company for KS distribution for a number of people.

Awh man! I was expecting at least an $90 entry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Urbanek
Germany
Bochum
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who I am kidding? I will probably end up in this KS anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will the Too many Bones base game be available as an add-on for 125$ or will it cost less?

Honestly I find Undertow kind of expensive compared to the last KS. If I add in another character to play this with 2 other people, it's as expensive as the base game was in the last KS. If I want to get this to 4 players it will be more expensive than the base game was in the last KS. Does Undertow come with more encounters/enemies etc. that justifies this higher price tag compared to the base game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DA_Maz wrote:
Will the Too many Bones base game be available as an add-on for 125$ or will it cost less?

Honestly I find Undertow kind of expensive compared to the last KS. If I add in another character to play this with 2 other people, it's as expensive as the base game was in the last KS. If I want to get this to 4 players it will be more expensive than the base game was in the last KS. Does Undertow come with more encounters/enemies etc. that justifies this higher price tag compared to the base game?

We don't even know whats included in the base game. Perhaps wait and see before you declare it too expensive?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
DA_Maz wrote:

We don't even know whats included in the base game. Perhaps wait and see before you declare it too expensive?

I didn't declare it too expensive. I asked if this game comes with more content to justify it's higher price tag, as I initially find it odd to think that this small box comes with more enemies/encounters than the big box.

Also my main question concerned the price of the base game as an add on in the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DA_Maz wrote:

I didn't declare it too expensive. I asked if this game comes with more content to justify it's higher price tag, as I initially find it odd to think that this small box comes with more enemies/encounters than the big box.

Also my main question concerned the price of the base game as an add on in the campaign.

The quote below certainly sounds like you are already complaining about the price before we even know what we're paying for. My apologies if I read that incorrectly and you were actually trying to ask about what comes in the box.

DA_Maz wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DA_Maz wrote:

There will be a discounted bundle of all the *new* items, and yes the original will be available, there's still a lot to reveal in terms of price points for the game. We still feel it's a very aggressive price for what will be included, especially given the game's a proven commodity now...but we're not prepared to announce all our secrets just yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enzo90910
msg tools
Make the (not quite confirmed) campaign addon interesting and full of beautiful parts, Josh, and make it expensive if you have to! I am looking forward to the surprises!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
already blown through my October KS budget... this will probably kill the November and on budget.... (happily though).. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enzo90910
msg tools
@Ghillie: I am excited by the undertow KS coming up, but I am a bit surprised by the timing. Not having received my TMB 2nd print yet (pre-ordered late May) means I'll have little or no experience of the base game when the KS start. I know you can't control the exact delivery date of your games, but I expected that you would delay the Undertow KS a little so that we could pledge Undertow with hands-on experience of TMB. I'm very likely to pledge Undertow in any case, but it may cost you a few pledges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enzo90910 wrote:
@Ghillie: I am excited by the undertow KS coming up, but I am a bit surprised by the timing. Not having received my TMB 2nd print yet (pre-ordered late May) means I'll have little or no experience of the base game when the KS start. I know you can't control the exact delivery date of your games, but I expected that you would delay the Undertow KS a little so that we could pledge Undertow with hands-on experience of TMB. I'm very likely to pledge Undertow in any case, but it may cost you a few pledges.

Enzo we are definitely aware of this and know the consequences. It's a bummer, but the games were supposed to be delivered two months ago, and we have to launch when we have to launch. We've put too much marketing and energy into the existing date already.

It's a lesson for the future, but we hope folks will join us anyway. Games should all be out and delivered at least a week or two before the campaign ends, so we're hoping that's enough time for folks to make a judgment, even if they're at the back end of the campaign in terms of timing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Goodness.. I wish the Undertow KS was live already. I only found out about this wonderful world of hobby gaming right as the original too many bones campaign was ending.

I've already picked up my copy of the original and I have money burning a hole in my pocket waiting for this KS. I should have somewhere between $160 and $240 to invest in Undertow by the time it's all done..

On the other hand, I'm also debating getting as much as I can for Undertow or picking up Hoplo Origins and the staging mat now on the CTG website.

Lol.. I need to exercise more will power.. this is killing me waiting on Undertow.. Guess I need to spend more time learning how to play the original bones and bones characters..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Hang in there! Under a week to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Carter
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey Ghillie (or anybody else who knows), will there be a reward level similar to the "Bone Collector" from the first Too Many Bones campaign? I'd love to get the Hoplo series along w/ the Too Many Bones series during this Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wielgus
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onecarter wrote:
Hey Ghillie (or anybody else who knows), will there be a reward level similar to the "Bone Collector" from the first Too Many Bones campaign? I'd love to get the Hoplo series along w/ the Too Many Bones series during this Kickstarter.

Jimmy - likely not. Everything will be available in the Pledge Manager, but in terms of bundles and such, we're keeping the campaign cleaner with strictly Bones content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Carter
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ghillie Gearloc wrote:
onecarter wrote:

Jimmy - likely not. Everything will be available in the Pledge Manager, but in terms of bundles and such, we're keeping the campaign cleaner with strictly Bones content.

I have my fingers crossed on the slim chance that you all change your minds. Either way, I plan to get at least one game from each series. Thank you for answering my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Schoberg
United States
Elkhorn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
no law on ceres.... just cops.
badge
i keep warning you. doors and corners, kid. that's where they get you.
mbmbmbmbmb
$68 dollars they said... meanwhile, some add-ons later, $150.... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emodiu5 wrote:
$68 dollars they said... meanwhile, some add-ons later, $150.... whistle

Would have been $600 for me if I was fast enough... surprise

... I'll study the add-ons when I get off work... It will likely be in the $200+ range when all is said and done... (unless a $600 opens up and I can snag it... shake )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy (Other Amy)
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
So, so true! (It's funny how different Kickstarters can feel. I'm giving one project the evil eye for nickel and diming me at this level, but CTG goes up and I just add up the money and throw it into the screen. laugh )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Lewis
United States
West Lafayette
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amyotheramy wrote:
So, so true! (It's funny how different Kickstarters can feel. I'm giving one project the evil eye for nickel and diming me at this level, but CTG goes up and I just add up the money and throw it into the screen. laugh )

I know what you mean. Everything I've seen from CTG has more than justified its price tag, though. They're pricey but you're getting your money's worth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.