Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnny McRae
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoping this is something they're still considering in the future. Being able to incorporate Colin and the gang / minions if you have MM base game was a great way to mesh both games into the same world. I think it would be fairly easy to just develop cards for the minis we have already - whether PnP or buy off the Plaid Hat store.

Anyone else still play this and have similar interest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Linton
United States
Friday Harbor
Washington
flag msg tools
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
badge
Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, for sure!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Villena
msg tools
Yes! I have been thinking of designing my own cards and painting multiple sets different colors. I really wish they would come back to Tail Feathers, and give it an expansion like Mice & Mystics. Even if is a small on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miha hančič
Slovenia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be great yes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We need more birds and riders minis too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Liu
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I absolutely agree that it would be fantastic to get some official cards for the expansion heroes and minions.

That said, at this point I'd be pretty happy with unofficial cards so if anyone has developed any, there's a "Files" section just waiting for you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny McRae
United States
Key West
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I might give this some thought since I have an itchy trigger finger with photoshop currently. Would be fun to source ideas from fans and get a cumulative list of ideas going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Lloyd
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
I would love to see fan made unit cards for the Heart of Glorm and Downwood Tales expansions. It doesn't seem likely that Plaid Hat will do them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can confirm that there was at one point, a playtest for an expansion for it. The playtest never really got off the ground though.

So there is content there for an expansion, new birds, etc, but I guess it depends on sales if it will ever see the light of day.

That's all I can say about that and I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to say that much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
dreadknot69 wrote:
I can confirm that there was at one point, a playtest for an expansion for it. The playtest never really got off the ground though.

So there is content there for an expansion, new birds, etc, but I guess it depends on sales if it will ever see the light of day.

That's all I can say about that and I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to say that much.

=/
The sales were so bad like this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
paulsecond wrote:
dreadknot69 wrote:

=/
The sales were so bad like this?

I don't know but I believe so yeah. I hear stories and stores with lots of stock. Really unfortunate....such a great game. I love my copy and play it whenever I can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
I personally hate it when games do this...

...but, they probably would have sold better if they tied the game to M&M more than they did. If they made it so it was really hard for the M&M fans to not buy it. I know that a couple of the biggest M&M fan boys on BGG both don't like TF and didn't buy, or didn't keep it. As a sales tactic, they maybe should have released it with maybe 3-5 scenarios that tie into M&M instead of the 1 lost chapter. Or, TF could have come with 5-10 really cool search cards for M&M. Imagine if there was a "trick" card that let you summon Aerijin and Zure to the current tile. Then whenever a minion rolls a 1 for it's movement, Zure flys over and makes an attack just like the owl or dastardly old crow. If you start tying stuff in like that, the M&M people probably would have bought it even if they never played TF. Or, it could have come with a hero conversion kit so you could put the Zure, Snibble, and Wella figures onto rabbits instead and used them as mice heroes in the base game.

Again, like I said at the top, I hate it when games do that to suck you in to buy something you don't really want all that much. But, I also hate it that this game is basically a dead end and maybe M&M too for all we know.

Maybe they could release a Glorm size expansion that connects a lot of TF stuff to M&M and then people would rush out and buy all the leftover TF stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wish I could pick up another copy of TF on the cheap. I'd love to have more options so I can really look at making multiplayer scenarios and play them at gaming days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paulo Segundo
Brazil
Belem
Para
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Relampagos wrote:
I personally hate it when games do this...

...but, they probably would have sold better if they tied the game to M&M more than they did. If they made it so it was really hard for the M&M fans to not buy it. I know that a couple of the biggest M&M fan boys on BGG both don't like TF and didn't buy, or didn't keep it. As a sales tactic, they maybe should have released it with maybe 3-5 scenarios that tie into M&M instead of the 1 lost chapter. Or, TF could have come with 5-10 really cool search cards for M&M. Imagine if there was a "trick" card that let you summon Aerijin and Zure to the current tile. Then whenever a minion rolls a 1 for it's movement, Zure flys over and makes an attack just like the owl or dastardly old crow. If you start tying stuff in like that, the M&M people probably would have bought it even if they never played TF. Or, it could have come with a hero conversion kit so you could put the Zure, Snibble, and Wella figures onto rabbits instead and used them as mice heroes in the base game.

Again, like I said at the top, I hate it when games do that to suck you in to buy something you don't really want all that much. But, I also hate it that this game is basically a dead end and maybe M&M too for all we know.

Maybe they could release a Glorm size expansion that connects a lot of TF stuff to M&M and then people would rush out and buy all the leftover TF stock.

Great ideas! Its sad the game do not have such options
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
dreadknot69 wrote:
I just wish I could pick up another copy of TF on the cheap. I'd love to have more options so I can really look at making multiplayer scenarios and play them at gaming days.

It does seem odd that everyone on BGG says the game didn't sell well, but you can't find it cheap anywhere. It's still $66 at amazon. Maybe you will find a discount during holiday sales. Also, I would have expected ebay to have a lot of once used copies for 25 bucks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Relampagos wrote:
dreadknot69 wrote:

It does seem odd that everyone on BGG says the game didn't sell well, but you can't find it cheap anywhere. It's still $66 at amazon. Maybe you will find a discount during holiday sales. Also, I would have expected ebay to have a lot of once used copies for 25 bucks.

Maybe, but if they actually played it, I don't think they'd sell it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N F
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
dreadknot69 wrote:
Relampagos wrote:
dreadknot69 wrote:

Actually, it seems like a lot of people couldn't get past the first play through. The game is very different from what most people have played and I don't think it made sense to them. I found my first game wasn't very much fun, just because it was very much a learning the rules affair. Then my second game was a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Relampagos wrote:
dreadknot69 wrote:
Relampagos wrote:
dreadknot69 wrote:

Actually, it seems like a lot of people couldn't get past the first play through. The game is very different from what most people have played and I don't think it made sense to them. I found my first game wasn't very much fun, just because it was very much a learning the rules affair. Then my second game was a lot of fun.

Yeah it unfortunately want quite set in the right setting, given the history of the franchise. Even though it is the perfect setting for it, of that makes sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Wilson
United States
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would disagree about the setting. This game was perfect for my wife and I. She loves MM sooooooo much, while I am more into tabletop minis games. This was the perfect crossover for us, as it let her "branch" out (see what I did there?) to other game genres, and allowed me to get my TT strategy fix. I am sure I am not alone in this, as gamers with kids/spouses might not get the heavier games to table as often as they would like to.

I think it wasn't marketed properly. They should have targeted my demographic, and pressed it as a more approachable entry to TT minis games.

**addendum

I want to also add my voice to the "we want more of this" camp. The publishers need to know there is still interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin T.
Germany
Ravensburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CptSkamerica wrote:
I want to also add my voice to the "we want more of this" camp. The publishers need to know there is still interest.

Although I dont think that forum posts can make a difference in that regard, surely would I buy EVERYTHING they offer to expand the game. Kickstarter would normally be a appropriate way to get something to the market without much financial risk. But it´s also extra work with a smaller margin, and that doesn´t seem to fit neither Plaid Hat´s nor Asmodee´s marketing agenda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CptSkamerica wrote:
I would disagree about the setting. This game was perfect for my wife and I. She loves MM sooooooo much, while I am more into tabletop minis games. This was the perfect crossover for us, as it let her "branch" out (see what I did there?) to other game genres, and allowed me to get my TT strategy fix. I am sure I am not alone in this, as gamers with kids/spouses might not get the heavier games to table as often as they would like to.

I think it wasn't marketed properly. They should have targeted my demographic, and pressed it as a more approachable entry to TT minis games.

**addendum

I understand what you're saying but you must understand that MM was marketed as a children's game. So that setting will forever be seen as a children's setting. The designer created the for his daughter originally because she didn't like to read.

Anyway, as you say, if they had marketed as competitor to X-Wing/Attack Wing, with emphasis on campaign and tactical play, it would've done better. Even if they used the same setting, they might have been able to transcend the 'kids' label.

I've played D&D Attack Wing and I far more enjoy a game of Tail Feathers. I wish I had the time to teach others the joy of this game. There doesn't even seem to be a facebook group for it either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.