Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ka Man Chan
United States
South San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mb
Just wondering if anyone else have bought this recently on the last reprint run. I've got a copy from MM, and my copy came with quite a few cards printed off center, the first one was nearly a cascade of off-center-ness. I contacted Nauvoo Games and Seth himself replied to me and was prompt to send a replacement. Totally top notch service level. However, his second set which was brand new also exhibited the exact same off center issues. The off centering is pretty extreme to which one side of the card near eats into the graphics.

The other issue I have had so far is finding sleeves that would allow the cards to fit back in the insert. I actually sleeve all my games with Fantasy Flight, and they were way too long. Then I spent some money to buy some Ultra Pro hoping it'd fit, but they didn't either. So it's unfortunate that now I'm thinking of trashing the insert which is pretty nice. I think Mayday sleeves will work, but I don't think I want to use those sleeves as they're not as high of grade quality. Not sure if there are 100 micron thick sleeves that'll work, which will also have the right sleeves for the smaller cards as well. FFG and Ultra Pro were the two that actually had both sizes that I found.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only comment on the card sleeves. I always, always use this geeklist to find the snuggest fit: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/164572/item/3906868#item3...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ka Man Chan
United States
South San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mb
I started there, and both ffg and ultra pro are too long for the insert but they fit the cards. It's a bummer to lose the insert. I guess I'm forced to foam core this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.