Subject: Cargo Ship question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kajetan Słociński
Poland
flag msg tools
Hi All,

Example:
I have finished my turn with Hero on the Cargo Ship space.
In the next turn this space is still occupied by the this Hero before I move him elsewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edd Crutchington
United Kingdom
St Neots
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, because they should be lying down, so they don't occupy any space when 'asleep'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Davies
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
Koneko: A PvP worker placement game set in a very Feline Feudal Japan........
mbmbmbmbmb
darkrenown wrote:
No, because they should be lying down, so they don't occupy any space when 'asleep'

I'm sorry but, unless we're all misunderstanding each other, this is incorrect.

At the end of each round (I define a round as being a full cycle of he day and night phases, ergo, everyone has moved their workers and dealt with feeding their survivors etc) all workers on the main board should be placed in a layig down position. When the following round starts, a player picks up his worker of choice and moves him, leaving him standing up. The purpose of this is simply to remind people which workers have been moved in this round.

Whether a worker is laying down or standing up, he is deemed as occupying a space. This is the crucial part. If OP is asking in reference to whether he can place his own worker on he cargo ship, say, move number 4 to he 4 spot even thouh number is here and laying down, then no a player cannot place one of his own workers on any space with a laying down worker. Rule 3 of the 5 moving rules states a player can only have one worker (the rule book calls them heroes) of his colour in a chosen location, standing up or laying down. In other words,you can't put a worker in any space where one of your own is already placed, whether standing or laying.

If OP is asking in regards to other players using that number space, again, I believe this is a no. An example given in he middle of the rulebook states that Blue worker number 5 is on space number 5 and Orange worker number 5 cannot go to the number 5 space as it is occupied.

Given that explanation, plus the movement rules stating that laying down workers count as occupying spaces, I would say that the answer OP requires is 'Yes, he is still consider4d occupying the space'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
discussed here
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Greenaway
United Kingdom
Blackpool
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IrasArgor wrote:
Hi All,

Example:
In the next turn this space is still occupied by the this Hero before I move him elsewhere?

Yes, he occupies this space. You are not able to leave him in this space or re enter this space with this hero. You must move either one or two spaces on this hero's next turn.

Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
redbuddha wrote:
IrasArgor wrote:
Hi All,

Example:

Yes, he occupies this space. You are not able to leave him in this space or re enter this space with this hero. You must move either one or two spaces on this hero's next turn.

Hope this helps.

no, a lying down hero does not block a cargo ship space from a new hero coming in, subject still to the rule regarding having only one of your own color at the location

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Greenaway
United Kingdom
Blackpool
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I said "space" I was referring to the cargo area as the space , not a specific numbered space in the cargo area. Sorry for the confusion.

While you have one hero inactive or active in the cargo area you cannot place a second hero of the same colour in the cargo area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Fink
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the rules are very clear...

1. You NEVER can have a second worker from YOUR COLOR on a location
2. Laying workers from OTHER players dont block spaces or locations on the Board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.