Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Recover Aid Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently received Descent and in anticipation of teaching the game to my friends and family, I realized that a Recover Aid card might be useful. Basically this card will detail all of the recovery options available and what goes into each one. The main one that inspired this card is the fact that you can use left over Surges to recover Fatigue. As an Imperial Assault player, I found that we were always forgetting about this, so I wanted to prevent that with Descent.

So here is the card I am working on, using the very helpful templates https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/86530/descent-photoshop-t... by:
Marcel Cwertetschka
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles!
mbmbmbmbmb

I am interested in any feedback before I get it added to the file section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Selwyn Hope
Australia
Cannington
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the option to recover fatigue spending surges needs to be moved to the top. Maybe it also needs to specify "When making an attack: Surge: Recover 1 Fatigue"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks like a great card. You may want to double-check the phrasing in the rulebook about stand up vs revive.

Specifically, the way you've got it worded it looks like a stand up is a "self-revive". I don't think that's accurate. For most purposes it doesn't matter, but for example the shadowmancer card "out of darkness" can be played when a hero is "revived". To my knowledge, it cannot be played on a stand up (or a health potion use).

In other words, when a KO hero stands up he doesn't "revive", he just rolls 2 red dice and recovers wound and fatigue as appropriate, he's replaced on the map, and it immediately ends his turn.

A revive action allows another (adjacent) hero to perform those same steps, but at the cost of 1 action only.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miche
Germany
flag msg tools
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat...
badge
I see dead people...
mbmbmbmbmb
The way you have worded the surge on the card implies that you can only recover one fatigue (according to the rules, each surge arrow may only be used once. I remember that somewhere they used a "+" somehow. So perhaps you manage to reflect this.

Otherwise I really like what you did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Proto Persona
United States
N Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
da_miche wrote:
The way you have worded the surge on the card implies that you can only recover one fatigue (according to the rules, each surge arrow may only be used once. I remember that somewhere they used a "+" somehow. So perhaps you manage to reflect this.

Otherwise I really like what you did.
You can only gain one fatigue per attack roll, no matter how many surges you rolled. Each ability you spend a surge on can be used only once per attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the great tips everyone. Here is my newest revision of the card:

I have also made an "Exploration Aid" card which details all of the other actions you can take. I decided to make this card because I though the take a fatigue/game 1 movement point reminder was important to have in front of players as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.