Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclosure miniatures and deeper Dungeon a kind gift from NSKN for help with Mistfall and it's Hearts of the mist Expansion.

Start

Used rules as written as a 3 character (randomly selected) Deeper dungeon adventure.

Characters Fengray, Venda, and Ardenai.

I Managed to destroy various enemies fairly easy with this bunch but I burnt through fate cards at to high a rate. The enemy abilities needed watching and Beasts proved more dangerous than I first thought ranged attacks and if adjacent then moving to melee especially in numbers often meant a Hero lost a turn to healing.

I soon realised the whispers needed search more than battle prowess and picked general actions to improve search. I missed drawing the Dragon next to treasure before defeating him and missed picking up that much needed 5 value treasure as I never seemed to have more than a 4 search.

By the end game and thanks to events , without which I doubt if we would have gained more than 3 items in total Fengray was armoured up and had the Sword and a Talisman , he became a good whisper collector losing talisman along the way. I had good allies qbut they generally needed fate to despatch enemies.

Venda ended up drawing enemies away from Ardenai but too late I had half the whispers I needed and was nowhere near finding enough information to locate the Dungeon Lord , so the party withdrew with their spoils.

The game as a co-op is a simple enough puzzle game and it is in how you play the options that counts , I should have focussed on the whispers , gaining equipment and general actions as a by product. Only using fate for gaining whispers were possible , then with a good deal of fate left and an eye on the prize I can balance my heroes , heal up and defeat the Dungeon Lord.

I will definitely attempt this again and it is always good to not have it too easy for a Solo/Co-op game. I am also convinced competitive is the way to go with this game 3 - 4 Heroes chasing the same scarce resources and maybe forming alliances and breaking them. You cannot attack another hero but fate allows you to manipulate enemies towards or away from your opposition.

I am all clued up ready to break this out at Stabco South this weekend, so if you are going let me know , I am sure we can find time for Shadowscape in the 3 days and nights of gaming that is Stabcon South.

http://stabconsouth.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin
United Kingdom
HITCHIN
HERTS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A good strategy is to defeat one of each enemy to collect whispers and of course don't kill all of one type. Fate cards are in such demand that it becomes very restrictive on your options. Competitive is the way to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.