Subject: Question about the enemies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am trying to get this all painted to get some games in around Halloween. I don't think I will be able to get it all done in time with a vacation around the corner where I will be gone from the 14th to the 22nd.

My question is I know some enemies are scenario based, and only are involved there. It also seems like most people are starting with the "Asylum" scenario. What should I make sure I have painted and ready to go if I wanted to get games in? Obviously the Warden and player characters. I am also assuming the nurses and patients for sure, but what else?

I am sorry if this has been asked previously, I am going to dig around with some searches now to see if I can find my answers, but also wanted to put the question out there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, I think a lot of my questions are answered in this thread?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1854147/mini-boss-and-speci...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking DED
msg tools
I used most of the techniques in this video for quickly painting the majority of the basic enemies: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMOTmOchKyQ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Cook
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If you're not going to use the Lovecraft expansion, then Nurses, Patients, and Scavengers are in every game.

If you haven't actually played the game, yet, then figure you're going to spend about 4-6 hours just getting through the first scenario, whatever it is.

From that information, you can figure how many hours you will have available and paint with that many figures in mind.

The Nemesis should paint up pretty quickly. It took me 5 weeks to paint everything and the files are all up in the images section. I tried to make each mini individual in some way, but if you're going to keep them consistent it should take you maybe a week. Zenithal priming and the right color washes will speed things up immensely.

If you magnetize the bottom of the minis and get some wound counters, your overhead per round comes down quite a bit. Proper organization will get you down to about 3 hours/scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, forgot the scavengers. I can paint pretty fast, it was more making sure that had what I needed done for sure. I usually paint 2 games at the same time, currently working on this and Doom. I have turned my full attention to this though until I finish.

I currently have done everything except the nurses, patients, scavengers, 2 witches, frankenstein, and the 3 twins for enemies. I also still have the 8 player characters, which I will most likely spend the most time on. The other stuff should actually go fairly quickly.

I have never posted pictures before, but for the first time I have been tempted too.

@joboyogi. I saw all of your pictures, nice work. I wish there was more examples of this game painted up, part of the reason I have been tempted to share mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.