Subject: Altiplano - Comparasion to Orleans? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
spavanko
Croatia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
1. Whats the difference in the gameplay - is it easier (complexity rating) and more streamlined than Orleans?
2. Does it have better replayability (variable setup -> random setup of 7 location tiles)?
3. Is it good as a 2 player game because that's the way I mostly play games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junyol Baik
United States
California
flag msg tools
This is my impression from just reading the rulebook, so take it with a grain of salt:

1) Altiplano seems to be a bit more complex in terms of using an action; in Orleans, you could use any of the actions on your player board, if you had the right tokens. Where as in Altiplano, your worker meeple has to be at one of the 7 locations in order for you to use the actions associated with that place. So not only do you have to think about which tokens to get, you'd also have to think about where to move your worker meeple.

2) I think it would be more replayable. Not only are the 7 locations randomly set up, but there are 7 different role roles that gives 3 different starting tokens as well as unique action. Each group from the extension strips (A, B, C, and D) are also shuffle at the start.

3) I honestly can't answer this one. I can't compare it to Orleans because I never played that game with 2 players. Only thing I can gather from the rulebook is that some extensions will be taken out of the game with different player count.

Edit: Also, the rulebook can be found here if anyone missed it - http://www.dlp-games.de//tpl/download/Altiplano_EN.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.