BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Card printing question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gagun C
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello,

I am trying to print some jpeg pictures and have them print out card sized. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can do that?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
are you looking for help finding a commercial printer or looking for a way to control the size when you print them yourself?

If the latter, you can cut and paste them into a MS Word or Powerpoint document and print them that way.. Use the rulers to size and position them on the page. both MS Word and Powerpoint have simple editing ability, including cropping and resizing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maf man
United States
Waunakee (madison area)
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glouie wrote:
If the latter, you can cut and paste them into a MS Word or Powerpoint document and print them that way.. Use the rulers to size and position them on the page.

this general idea works in google docs. Albeit a little harder because docs is so basic.

If you want a image editor to do that, plenty do that. I use GIMP. You open the image in GIMP, scale image, make sure you change the unit to inches, makes sure the y and x are locked to each other so when you change one the other automatically changes, change one of them to your desired card size, hit enter, and that should be it. Print as desired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Nand
Italy
Modena
flag msg tools
Best. Game. Ever.
badge
I wrote nanDECK and BGG1tool
mbmbmbmbmb
With nanDECK, copy and paste this script (I've added some comments):

[path]=C:\Users\Nand\Pictures\Test\*.*
;use inches
unit=inch

;set the size of the cards
cardsize=2.5,3.5

;read all the files from the path
[files]=dirfiles([path])

;draw one image on each card
image=1-{(files)},[files],0,0,100%,100%,0,P

Change the name of the folder in the first line, click on "Validate deck", on "Build deck", and on "Print deck" buttons. All done in a matter of seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Creighton
Sweden
Göteborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for using nanDeck for all your card printing needs. Oh so much easier! Thank you Andrea Nand!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.