Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: What order to buy expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Mead
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I have two copies of the core box to facilitate 4 players. Is there a recommended order for buying expansions and would I need extra copies of those to continue playing with 4 players?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafe
Australia
Darlinghurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
As of now there is only one complete cycle available and that is the Dunwich legacy. I suggest you buy that whole cycle first.

You can also buy the stand alone scenario packs, Curse of the Rugarou and Carnivale of Horrors.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jacobsen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
who longs for oolong
badge
You are excrement. You can change yourself into gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scroll down to the "Community Wiki."
Click "More"

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/205637/arkham-horror-car...

Buy a deluxe expansion, and then go down the list from there
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel McNaughton
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
malkave wrote:
I have two copies of the core box to facilitate 4 players. Is there a recommended order for buying expansions and would I need extra copies of those to continue playing with 4 players?

No, you don't need to buy 2 copies of any expansions to play them 4 player. You would only pick up extras if you absolutely had to have extra copies of the player cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reynolds
Ireland
Drogheda
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Someone did a nice visual aid of already released and upcoming content here

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/150065/checklist-visual-g...

The Dunwich Cycle is complete so there’s a whole campaign ready to play. There’s also a couple of side quest scenarios that although they can be included as part of a campaign are good to play as standalone scenarios.

Also if you still want more there are a few very good downloadable print and play scenarios made by some of the guys on here. Available in the files section and also worth a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.