3 Posts

Ghostel» Forums » General

Subject: Worth it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter o
msg tools
mbmbmb
Just noticed the expansion and base game are available on kickstarter. Although it looks fun the conversion rate to Australian dollars makes this game cost $103 for the base game and 2 expansions.

Pretty steep.

How much repeatability does this have and at that price would you guys truly recommend it?

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ad Astra Per Aspera
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are.
badge
Preserve Our Wildlife!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base game. This is a heavy family game, or a very light gamer's game. Replayability falls in there somewhere. In my opinion if you find games like King of Tokyo to have high replay, then Ghostel is along the same idea in my opinion.

The price to you is insane. Being that Ghostel is a niceh game I think I'd hesitate before throwing that kind of money on a game like this.

Personally, watch the reviews and the kickstarter stuff, read through it. There's more than enough there for you to decide for yourself if it's worth the price to you.

It wouldn' be to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter o
msg tools
mbmbmb
Yeah I've seen some of the reviews and kept an eye on the ks page.

It's always hard to tell without having a play through first of course.

The idea is neat and the expansion sounds like it brings a lot to the game. I'm just not sure with the steep conversion price.

$103 for vase game. + expansions and 5th player.

Few days more to decide I guess

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.