Conan» Forums » General

Subject: Batman Changes Implemented into Conan? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, seen many videos where the creators state they have 'improved' the system and made changes. I get the impression that this is a separate topic from the 'revised rulebook' which is just making a badly design/written rulebook more legible/easier to understand? Game system changes were not made?

I was wondering if we had a list of the changes for Batman and wondered whether they could be implemented into Conan to make it a 'better game'. Why were not implemented into the revised rulebook? Would they would make the game better?

Appreciate they need something to set Batman apart from Conan rather than a straight re-theme so maybe this is why they won't implement into the Conan system?

Eagerly awaiting my King Pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Pedro Nogueira Monteiro
msg tools
2 changes that i know are I - line of sight system (https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1151480284956953...) and II - a new overlord vs overlord system (like a book of skelos for the heros aswell)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also heard in a video demo that they are making it so the heroes can never die, they take a turn out or something and recuperate with a limited amount of gems.

And there are 'limits' to the number of gems (4) with regards to the overlord keeping them to use on enemies to give them super amounts of re rolls - essentially making a minion/boss of their choice invincible through massive re-rolls? or something along those line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the revised rulebook was laid out at the very beginning of Batman's development. So the Batman-specific rules that have been announced were barely existing at the time.

Plus, some changes in Batman are material-dependent. The new LoS system, for example, will be directly printed on the maps.
Some other can affect scenarios balance and might require playtest. Gem capping maybe?
Some other depend on theme. For example, heroes don't die in Batman because it's Batman/DC. Characters not dying in Conan would be totally anti-thematic.

Anyway, these changes won't radically change the gameplay IMO. If someone doesn't like the mechanics of one game, he won't like the mechanics of the other.

I believe that some Batman specific rules or playing modes (OL vs OL) will be implemented in a future Conan KS, but I for one am fine with the game "as is". Also -if I understood correctly- Monolith intends to keep retro-compatibility, as much as possible, this will limit somehow what's implementable in future Conan products.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Y.
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the bigger changes was going from 3 types of dice to 5 types of dice. I don't think that gradient can be implemented into Conan.

No player elimination in Batman is interesting. I prefer it. But it would also change the recovery system (in Conan you recover more gems in either mode as your companions die).

The superior LOS rules are hard printed on the map so those wouldn't easily be changed for Conan (maybe adding some stickers?).

Each zone in Batman will have a occupancy limit. Again, without stickers, this is tricky to implement.

Batman allows you to pick your heroes and mix and match. They did state that due to story reasons, some heroes will be required for a particular scenario.

I don't think Conan needs these changes, except the last one would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvador Bernadó
Spain
Gavà
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They also said that characters have a new attribute: intelligence which represents the ability to solve problems, hack computers...
Also I remember that they said that the overlord villain would have his rerolls and defence rolls reduced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We STILL have constant LOS ambiguity on most of the Conan boards. Stickers to fix this (however Batman does it) would be amazing. Failing that, just a simple page for each board detailing which areas can see which would at least clarify what is still a very muddy topic for our group (and honestly puts us off bringing out the game quite often)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game designer (F.H) said they will implement Batman improvements into Conan as much as possible.
Regarding LoS, he also said they are working on integrating the data into the future app so that for each map you could verify if a given LoS is valid or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
Phantomwhale wrote:
We STILL have constant LOS ambiguity on most of the Conan boards. Stickers to fix this (however Batman does it) would be amazing. Failing that, just a simple page for each board detailing which areas can see which would at least clarify what is still a very muddy topic for our group (and honestly puts us off bringing out the game quite often)

This should help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Martínez
msg tools
mathhatt wrote:
The game designer (F.H) said they will implement Batman improvements into Conan as much as possible.
Regarding LoS, he also said they are working on integrating the data into the future app so that for each map you could verify if a given LoS is valid or not.

So, are they working still in the app? I have heard nothing about it and I was fearing it was an abandoned project.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dimhalo
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats useful, thanks, it'd be good if they did a sticker set for the boards so you could overlay the same system that they have used in Batman for LOS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathieu Hatt
France
Brest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zenlein wrote:
mathhatt wrote:

So, are they working still in the app? I have heard nothing about it and I was fearing it was an abandoned project.

Yes they are still working on it. They work with a specialized company and it takes time. But it is not abandoned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.