Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the beginning of the summer I was so excited for this game, and when GC came around and all of the reviews and such were popping up I was even more excited. I truly thought this game would have been out already, and as the days go by and still no sign of it I am leaning towards other great Fall releases and thinking of waiting on this one. Anyone else feel the same in that they missed the perfect window to get this out? Just my thoughts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think so. It's a seemingly great game with a cool theme. They will have copies at Essen this month, and have had copies at local conventions (I got my copy at GrandCon a month or so ago).

Once it does release retail the hype will be back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivor Bolakov
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the tiny tiny text killed some of the excitement. That's all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I played at GenCon and still can't wait to get my hands on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OhBollox wrote:
I think the tiny tiny text killed some of the excitement. That's all.

Yeah, I don't think that's relevant here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Watkins
United States
Forest Hill
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually I don't feel this way about releases but with Charterstone and my copy of Gloomhaven, and a few more unexpected surprises my excitement is just waning for this. Thanks for chiming in everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I can see that, though I'd say that for me, this was the perfect lighter game to balance games like Charterstone and Gloomhaven. That's part of why I'm excited.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to be excited about a ton of different games. My excitement/hype KNOWS NO BOUNDS!! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
GO ROCKIES!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably pick up the 2nd edition after they fix the text issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the text issue? I havent played but have looked through the components and don't see a problem with anything at all. Looks gorgeous to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RJ
msg tools
badge
Caught you 'mirin'.
mbmbmbmbmb
jnowak415 wrote:
What is the text issue? I havent played but have looked through the components and don't see a problem with anything at all. Looks gorgeous to me.

My understanding is that the lengthy descriptions of the abilities of worker placement spots, coupled with the ever-cycling new spots with new abilities, means you often have to read and re-read ability text as they change in order be fully aware of your options.

For some people, it's text for ants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
ixnay66 wrote:
I'll probably pick up the 2nd edition after they fix the text issue.

yeah, I already feel quite burned from preo rdering renegade games. Clank was a clusterfuck. I have different card backs and a awful expansion board. I pre ordered this game, but I feel I will get stuck with the subpar first printing version again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rontuaru wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:

My understanding is that the lengthy descriptions of the abilities of worker placement spots, coupled with the ever-cycling new spots with new abilities, means you often have to read and re-read ability text as they change in order be fully aware of your options.

For some people, it's text for ants.

Got a copy at GenCon. The cards don't matter, but yes, the WP spots have lots of small text, and in addition, the text is usually against a colored or non black background to make the text pop.
This is a HUGE oversight, and should really be fixed in a 2nd edition if they do one. It's not game breaking, and multiple plays will "teach" you the tiles, but the real question is "will you get that many plays due to the annoying factor of standing and squinting for all the placement text?"
For our few games we actually played, we had one person just continuously read the text of tiles as others forgot them, which unfortunately is quite often, as there are quite a few tiles by game end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm..doesnt seem like much of a game breaking issue for me.

And for the person who is complaining about Renegade Games....thats just weird, they have some awesomely produced games lately. Clank is one of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
jnowak415 wrote:
Hmm..doesnt seem like much of a game breaking issue for me.

And for the person who is complaining about Renegade Games....thats just weird, they have some awesomely produced games lately. Clank is one of them.

Did you get the first printing of Clank and its expansion? Colors don't match and the expansion board sucks. The base game board is made of a smelly material too. If you got a later printing, lucky you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Must not have.

I sold my copy because I wanted Clank! In Space! ...the first printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Gaeta
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
@playrenegade on Twitter
badge
@scottgaeta on Twitter
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a damaged board all you need to do is email customer service and we will happily send you a replacement.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Gaeta
United States
California
flag msg tools
publisher
@playrenegade on Twitter
badge
@scottgaeta on Twitter
mbmbmbmbmb
Goemon12677 wrote:
At the beginning of the summer I was so excited for this game, and when GC came around and all of the reviews and such were popping up I was even more excited. I truly thought this game would have been out already, and as the days go by and still no sign of it I am leaning towards other great Fall releases and thinking of waiting on this one. Anyone else feel the same in that they missed the perfect window to get this out? Just my thoughts

The game will be out in stores October 25th. The first production is sold out and the second printing is in the works!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Scott Gaeta wrote:
If you have a damaged board all you need to do is email customer service and we will happily send you a replacement.

Thanks!

I have the damaged board and the different colored card backs. Any solution for the later problem?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Fuss
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, they definitely missed the window. Going into Gen Con, it was the #1 game on my list. I was standing in the Renegade booth when it sold out on the Thursday. If I was able to buy a copy at Gen Con, I would have. If it was available at my FLGS in the week immediately after Gen Con, I would have picked it up. I did get to play a game of it at Gen Con, but as the weeks passed and the more I thought about it, the less desire I had in owning a copy. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that it lacked any real tension in decision making. Unlike other worker placement games, I never felt that there were difficult decisions or trade offs to make in terms of which space to take, as your second or third choices were often good enough. While the number of book cards increases replayability, I felt it also diluted the distribution to such an extent that it made placing books on your shelves too easy. I never agonized over decisions on which book card to place or where to place it on my bookshelf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. They missed my window too. I didn't go to Gen Con, but I was hyped for it and had it on pre-order since like July. According to CSI, it was supposed to be out Sept 9th or something, and that day came and went. The longer the order sat, the more time it gave me to think about it, and I eventually cancelled Ex Libris off the order. I had the time to realize the theme wasn't really going to do it for my group or myself, and saved myself a little money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Preder
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy I did get at Gen Con, has been played once, almost twice, and is now relegated to the basement pile.
I agree with many of the previous comments. Visual layout is a mess and detracts from the gameplay. The overwhelming amount of book cards makes one of two things happen...massive AP (analysis paralysis) or see what happens approach, which doesn't make for interesting decisions.
This was #1/2 on my list, with Clank! in Space being two, and after playing both, I could easily remove Ex Libris, but Clank!2.0 is easily worth playing again for mixing up the theme alone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott Gaeta wrote:

The game will be out in stores October 25th. The first production is sold out and the second printing is in the works!

Thanks!

Might I ask if the second printing has any changes, particularly with regards to the concerns raised about the first printing (text size, tet style, etc), or if it is an exact replica?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Jo
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clockpunk wrote:
Scott Gaeta wrote:

Thanks!

Might I ask if the second printing has any changes, particularly with regards to the concerns raised about the first printing (text size, tet style, etc), or if it is an exact replica?

I'd also like to know the answer to this! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rome Knows Nothing
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Im going to go ahead and guess that it's the exact same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.