Jeremy
Australia
Hammond Park
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Look-out character ability as follow:

“You can collect a treasure token even when stopping on an adjacent space.”

My question is, can I use this ability right after I hired him? There is a port space adjacent to a treasure lair, if I landed on the port and hired him, can I take the treasure token (in next space) immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, interesting.

Strictly, you didn't have him when you stopped, so maybe not...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Benson
United States
Syosset
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vwgolf wrote:
The Look-out character ability as follow:

“You can collect a treasure token even when stopping on an adjacent space.”

My question is, can I use this ability right after I hired him? There is a port space adjacent to a treasure lair, if I landed on the port and hired him, can I take the treasure token (in next space) immediately?

A similar situation came up in our game, but for The Nosey Parker. The player already had The Look-out, so getting the adjacent treasure card was a given, but he just hired the Nosey Parker, so we weren't sure if that then allowed the 3 card look-ahead when drawing the treasure for the adjacent space.

I decided to allow it based on strictly following the numerical steps in the base game's "treasure map" rules. After movement, first resolve any combat, then pay the space (where hiring crew now takes place), then get any treasure. I figured the crewman would then be in place to have an effect on the treasure gathering step.

Hopefully someone will post an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.