Popular Tags: [View All]
Marshall Jansen
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We set up Barbarossa, and handed out player packs... Blue for Kelly, Yellow for Mike, and Purple for Christy. I generally take Black or Brown, but wasn't happy with the color differences between brown/purple clay so went for Green. This immediately screwed up Mike's balance as I was 'the wrong color'.

I sculpted a nice coiled WHIP, and a GONDOLA.
Mike sculpted a FRAME and a football shaped clue for SPORT.
Kelly sculpted an EYEBROW and a HANGER.
Christy sculpted a DRUM and a WHIP.

I knew Kelly's hanger as soon as I saw it, and guessed it by asking first letter, then throwing an interrupt cube. My whip was guessed quickly by Christy, then by Mike. Christy guessed Mike's frame, and Mike got Christy's drum.

As we were hitting mid-game, Kelly was trailing, Mike and I were just behind Christy. It was this time when I got Christy's whip, and Kelly beat me out on interrupt-cubing to get the second guess on the drum. I finally figured out Mike's frame, and we were very close to the end, Christy just needed one more correct guess.

Kelly got my Gondola, and I *knew* her eyebrow was an inchworm. Unfortunately, I had no letters so my guess was no good, and Christy guessed it off my questions (and she had the EY as well). Christy moved her pawn to the final score track, and then we adjusted our scores based on not-guessed sculptures.

The more we play this game, the more we move away from asking pointed questions... we're trying to get more and more information from intuition and asking for letters, then guessing with interrupt cubes. This is the best way to keep information private, but it does lower the interaction some.

Final Score:
Christy: 2 away from the key
Marshall: 9 away from the key
Mike: 15 away from the key
Kelly: 18 away from the key

Christy won, and picked Elfenland.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.