DC Comics Deck-Building Game: Multiverse Box» Forums » Rules

Subject: non-Crisis oversized Super Heroes\Villains? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodney Henretta
United States
California
flag msg tools
When forming the pool of oversized characters during a set up, are all oversized characters released in any Crisis expansion considered Crisis Super Heroes\Villains or do you mean only the Crisis versions of previously released characters? I.e. Batman & Animal Man from Crisis 1. Should both be excluded or should just Batman be excluded?

What about the oversized Bat Man & Joker versions released in Rivals? Should those cards be included in the character pool when setting up a Multiverse game?

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Fuegoman wrote:
When forming the pool of oversized characters during a set up, are all oversized characters released in any Crisis expansion considered Crisis Super Heroes\Villains or do you mean only the Crisis versions of previously released characters? I.e. Batman & Animal Man from Crisis 1. Should both be excluded or should just Batman be excluded?

What about the oversized Bat Man & Joker versions released in Rivals? Should those cards be included in the character pool when setting up a Multiverse game?

Thank you

Only the ones with the tag should be excluded. The ones that don't have the giant word Crisis next to Super Hero or Super-Villain are fine.

Rivals should probably not be used.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Henretta
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks. I appreciate the response. I want to play the game in the way it was designed & it's nice to have your feedback & guidance.

I'm assuming the rule is because Crisis games are co-operative rather than competitive, & Crisis character's superpowers tend to help other players

So what about impossible mode supervillains? (supervillains released in Crisis expansions?) Are they supposed to be included in the pool of possible champions?

My confusion is because crisis mode requires that all defeated supervillains be removed from game (are not gained). But champions are gained when playing multiverse, so if I have everything straight, playing multiverse is the only way impossible supervillains can be gained & although they have game effects printed on them, these game affects can only be played when playing multiverse and only if they're chosen from the prospective champions pool at the begining of the game. If I'm off base on anything, please let me know.

Thanks for your hard work & diligence in designing & maintaining this game. We have all expansions & releases, so our multiverse is full, but it means we have every option available & it can be a bit cumbersome when choosing oversized characters & champions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuegoman wrote:
I'm assuming the rule is because Crisis games are co-operative rather than competitive, & Crisis character's superpowers tend to help other players

That and some Crisis Characters are WAY overpowered, or REALLY weak if used in competitive.
Too good: Crisis Cyborg: very easy, unpreventable way to permanently remove "the good cards" from opponent's decks.
Just Bad: Crisis Green Lantern: the cost is worse than most attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb

Impossible Mode S-Vs are often played when people play Imp Mode Competitive (prior to Multiverse, even).

They are not to used in regular Multiverse games. But look at the set-up instructions and you will see that there is a Multiverse mode that uses Imp Mode. You will get them in your deck and their game text will get used!

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Henretta
United States
California
flag msg tools
When playing impossible supervillains as champions, does their stack ongoing power affect all players, all other players or no players?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Fuegoman wrote:
When playing impossible supervillains as champions, does their stack ongoing power affect all players, all other players or no players?

Thanks

All players.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.